Good Sam Names Welcome Mat Winners
The Good Sam Club RV owners membership organization recently named the third annual Welcome Mat Award winners.
The awards go to businesses that know how to accommodate RVs and offer good service to the growing number of RVers.
The winners were picked on the basis of votes by Good Sam members.
The 2004 Welcome Mat Winners are:
• Best Good Sam Park: America’s Best Campground in Branson, Mo.
• Best dinghy vehicle: Saturn.
• Best tow vehicle: Dodge.
• Best motor oil: Pennzoil.
• Best RV show: Quartzsite.
• Best fast food restaurant: Wendy’s.
• Best gas station: Flying J.
• Best propane station: Flying J.
• Best restaurant: Cracker Barrel
• Best outlet mall: Prime Outlets.
• Best golf course: Pebble Beach.
• Best NASCAR event: Daytona 500.
• Best shopping center: Wal-Mart.
• Best tourist attraction: Walt Disney World.
• Best state for fishing: Texas.
• Best pet supply store: PetsMart.
• Best craft store: Michaels.
• Best casino: Circus Circus, Las Vegas.
• Best state to visit in an RV: Oregon.
• Best province to visit in an RV: British Columbia.
Included on the list are three-time winners Cracker Barrel and Walt Disney World along with several two-time winners.
“This has turned out to be a good experience for the Good Sam Club and for our Welcome Mat Award winners,” said Sue Bray, Good Sam Club’s executive director. “We have been able to help each other grow while providing some of the best service and products to our members.”
“This (RV) market is very important to our company,” said Cracker Barrel spokesman Rip Coggins. “We see more RVers in our restaurants every day.”
Good Sam Club is a unit of Affinity Group Inc., as is TL Enterprises Inc., publisher of RV Business and RVBUSINESS.com.