Monaco’s ’06 Coaches Feature ‘Panaview’
With the exception of the Safari Trek, Monaco Coach Corp. has outfitted all of its Class A motorhomes – gas-powered and diesel alike – with one-piece windshields for 2006.
“We call it Panaview,” said Mike Snell, vice president of sales and marketing for the Coburg, Ore., motorized and towable manufacturer. “It gives an unobstructed view and allows us to park the windshield wipers off the window. Cars went away from two-piece windshields back in the ’50s. It’s about time that RVs did.”
Monaco’s 2006 Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Beaver, Safari and McKenzie products were previewed by more than 200 dealers attending Monaco’s Dealer Congress June 27-29 at the Venetian Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev., where company officials also launched an ambitious franchising program intended to bring more dealership focus to Monaco products.
Other 2006 product highlights:
* Monaco has had early success with the new luxury Signature Class A diesel pusher outfitted for the 2006 model year with the 600-hp Cummins ISX Signature Series diesel engine – the highest horsepower available in an RV – coupled with a newly rated Allison six-speed electronic automatic transmission.
This new high-powered model drew rave reviews and strong sales at Monaco’s pre-rally prior to the Family Motor Coach Association’s (FMCA) 74th International Convention in Minot, N.D., with 13 out of a total of 39 coaches sold being 600-hp equipped Signatures, Snell said.
For 2006, Monaco also placed greater emphasis on creating a residential feel in the Signature with tile back splashes, hard-wood facias and residential-style furniture. Front and rear caps have been redesigned and raised to incorporate awnings running the length of the coach and extending over the sliderooms.
Built on Monaco’s proprietary 47,600-pound GVWR Roadmaster semi-monocoque S-Series chassis, the Signature is available in nine 40- to 45-foot floorplans, retailing from a base price of $549,553.
* In the 2006 Safari Trek gas-powered Class A, Monaco is among the first companies to offer the new 18,000-pound GVWR Workhorse W18 chassis. The Trek, with three 27- to 29-foot floorplans, also is available on Workhorse W20 and Ford F-53 Super Duty chassis. With full body paint available for the first time, Safari Trek retails from a base price of $113,635.
* Front and rear caps have been redesigned in the Holiday Rambler Scepter diesel pusher to accommodate an 84-inch ceiling. Built on 34,600-pound GVWR Roadmaster RR8S raised-rail chassis featuring side-mounted radiators and powered by 400-hp Cummins ISL diesel engines, Scepter for 2006 is available in six floorplans with two to four slideouts rooms. Base retail prices start at $262,493.
* With cargo mat floors, diamond plate baseboards and a drop-down bed, Monaco has carried the feel of its McKenzie Dune Chaser sport utility travel trailer (SURV) series into the Dune Chaser SL, a more affordable conventional travel trailer featuring laminated fiberglass sidewalls.
“We are trying to get people into our family of brands earlier in the RVing cycle,” said Brad McKinney, national sales manager for Holiday Rambler towables.
Retail prices range from $30,000 to $40,000 for the Dune Chaser SL, which features three floorplans in lengths of 25, 28 and 31 feet.
* More affordable laminated fiberglass construction is featured in Holiday Rambler’s new Savoy LX, available for 2006 in eight 27- to 34-foot travel trailer and fifth-wheel floorplans. Two new mid-profile fifth-wheel layouts feature front bedroom slideouts. Retail prices for the Savoy LX start from $28,000.
* Upgraded interior finishes are the hallmark of the 2006 Holiday Rambler Imperial diesel pusher, which now is built in Oregon rather than in Indiana. With a base retail price of $324,640, the Imperial is available in five floorplans in lengths of 38 and 40 feet.
Built on the 44,600-pound GVWR Roadmaster S-Series semi-monocoque chassis with 400-hp Cummins ISL engines, Imperial features new glosses and stains as well as new paint schemes.
* A new bunkhouse floorplan with a large storage area with side and rear access has been added to the Holiday Rambler Savoy SL trailer line.