- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RV Stocks Rise During Wednesday’s Trading
Posted By Sherman Goldenberg On August 31, 2005 @ 3:00 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
News of heightened demand for travel trailers earmaked for Hurricane Katrina victims appears to have spurred higher stock prices today (Aug. 31) for some of the recreational vehicle industry’s publicly traded companies.
Possibly contributing to the ramp up in stock prices was a Forbes article addressing the industry’s potential for coming to the aid of hurricane victims with thousands of travel trailers specially built for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Also circulating was news of a production startup of specially built trailers at privately held Gulf Stream Coach Inc. and reports of southeastern RV dealers near the storm’s path scrambling for units to help support FEMA relief efforts.
RV stocks that received a significant bounce Wednesday included:
• Thor Industries Inc. stock gained $2.00.
• Shares of Coachmen Industries Inc. were up $1.42.
• Shares of Fleetwood Enterprises Inc. rose $1.05.
• Supplier Drew Industries Inc. stock improved $1.50.
• Skyline Corp. stock went up $1.54.
• National RV Holdings jumped 67 cents.
• Shares of Monaco Coach Corp. increased 40 cents.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2005/08/rv-stocks-rise-during-wednesday%e2%80%99s-trading/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.