Dealer Finds Market for Used Rialta Motorhomes

Email Email   Print Print

April 27, 2009 by Bob Ashley  24 Comments

Rialta Heaven Inc., a small outfit in the northern Indiana community of Milford, is marketing used Winnebago Rialta Class C motorhomes, last built by the Forest City, Iowa, manufacturer in 2005, on a limited national basis as “Earth Friendly RVs” because of their high fuel  mileage and wind-cutting aerodynamics.rialta-sales-lot

“Over the last two years, we’ve sold about 200 of them,” said Karen Rowland, co-owner and sales manager. “We find them  all over the country”

Built on the 7,275-pound GVWR Volkswagen extended Eurovan cutaway chassis with a 6-cylinder Volkswagen gas engine that in the later years of production were rated at 201-hp, the sleek, low-profile Rialta today would be considered a “B-plus” style motorhome due to the lack of a cabover compartment. Typically, 22-foot Rialtas get 18-21 mpg, Rowland said.

Winnebago built about 8,000 Rialtas from 1994 to 2005; Volkswagen quit building the chassis in 2003.

Like others in the RV industry, however, Rialta Heaven, located in a former used-car lot on Ind. 15, has experienced a downturn since late last year. ”This time last year, we were selling half-a-dozen a month,” Rowland said. ”Since September, times have been tough.”

Depending on mileage — usually with fewer than 50,000 miles on the odometer — prices typically range from $22,000 to $50,000. Currently, the company has five Rialta’s and a Winnebago Vista, a true Class C built on the Eurovan chassis with a cabover sleeping compartment.

2-rialtas

“Rialtas are very popular,” Rowland said. “Once people get to know them, they find the Rialta is small and easy to drive. And they are totally self-contained — bigger than a van but smaller than a bus.”

Comments

24 Responses to “Dealer Finds Market for Used Rialta Motorhomes”

1. Peter Watkins on May 2nd, 2009 2:07 pm

I own a 1996 Rialta with less than 96,000 original miles. New tires, stainless steel coated exhaust, Cab Air, Fibreglass Skylight, major tune up all VW parts. Show room condition, would like to sell.

Great unit 23 mi. per gal.

2. Ross Jernigan on November 14th, 2009 6:48 am

What price range were you thinking for that beast? Also, you didn’t identify the model. Could you tell me what model you are offering for sale:Thanks.

3. Hal Kennedy on March 3rd, 2010 12:03 pm

Looking to buy a Rialta to travel in soon to be retirement. Would like a unit under 20K. Live in central NY.

4. Joan Robertson on March 10th, 2010 6:54 pm

I would like to buy a Rialto for under 20,000. Live in North Carolina.

5. Kathy on April 5th, 2010 7:34 pm

I would like to buy a Rialto – Do you know of any for sale in Oklahoma????

6. Brice Paris on April 6th, 2010 7:30 pm

I have a 2004 Rialto owned by my parents, low mileage and in fantastic shape. Located in Southern Oregon. If interested please email me at paris_brice@yahoo.com or call 541 690 8695. Thanks brice

7. Sandy James on May 11th, 2010 1:31 am

2000 Rialta model RV222FD under 29 thousand, like new with 16 optional equip installed. Interested Sandyshands2heal@hotmail.com. Jst decied to sell have not priced it yet.

8. Sandi on May 16th, 2010 1:34 pm

Wanted: Rialta QD … under $20k. I know…thats expecting a lot, but I can dream. Had a LeSharo and loved that French ‘lady’ dearly…spent so much trying to keep her running *sigh*…finally gave up and gave her away. Been looking and hoping for over 10 yrs …. so I’ll be here if and when???? :)

9. Bill on May 31st, 2010 8:30 am

interested in Rialta in excellent condition near the Minnesota area.

10. Alan Montgomery on July 7th, 2010 8:41 pm

I have a 1999 QD for under 19,995 with a five year drivetrain and engine warranty. Sell as is.

If you are interested contact by email and that will be fine. Please only serious buyers. Live in South Dakota near Sioux Falls. Bought from Rialta Heaven.

Thanks.

11. Alan Montgomery on July 7th, 2010 9:34 pm

The email address is alanmontgomery13@gmail.com

12. Bent Jorgensen on July 25th, 2010 3:53 pm

I have a 2005 Reialta QD with only 25,000 miles on it ….This unit is in very very good Condition …I am looking for $38,500 OB
    bentj@centurytel.net…….May be able to Deliver it ….Depending on Location

13. Greg Banks on July 28th, 2010 2:29 pm

Hello,
    Just started looking at rv’s….like the Rialta. We like the fd and qd models. Anybody selling one? We live in Tn.
    Thanks,
    Greg

14. larry Gouker on August 17th, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi I am looking for a winnebago Rialta or a vista. Under 20,000. I live in N.M. just e-mail or call 575 389-5488.,

15. Linda Dorr on August 29th, 2010 4:25 pm

I am looking for a pre-owned Rialta for under $20,000 close to Ohio for pickup.

16. Angela Diebolt on October 5th, 2010 6:44 pm

Looking for a used Rialta between 10 & 20 k? Live in Michigan and able to travel to pick up.

17. Judy Varner on October 11th, 2010 2:23 pm

I am looking for a QD model in the midwest area. I live in Indiana. I would like anything from 1999-2001 under $25,000 and under 60,000 miles. THANKS!

18. Paula K on October 15th, 2010 8:57 am

Hi
    I am looking to buy a Rialta between 10-20 to take my art shows on the road!!
    Like the Roadrek also!!
    any suggesteions as to where to really look?
    Thanks

19. Dave Tinklepaugh on October 20th, 2010 9:23 am

Looking for a Rialta-I`m in Western New York area-Thanks-Dave

20. Niem on October 24th, 2010 11:33 am

I’m looking for a used Rialta. Possible trade with Allegro Bay 36′ Class A, less than
    40K miles.

21. Gary Turner on October 25th, 2010 4:50 pm

Wanted Rialta for a Canadian who lives in West Vancouver….. please forward info to garyturner47@telus.net …can travel easily to Washington and Oregon . Looking for well priced and low mileage…Thanks

22. D Tinker on October 27th, 2010 12:06 pm

Looking for a used Rialta-1998-2004-within 300 miles if Buffalo,New York-e-mail-Dave at-dtinker1939@roadrunner.com.

23. Kerry Stark on November 23rd, 2010 12:42 pm

I owned a new 2000 Rialta. It was my first RV. One of the main reasons I got rid of it was because I could not get decent chassis service from a local VW dealer. Since they didn’t sell it, they obviously did not want to service it. I was asssured by my RV dealer that service would be no problem with all the VW dealers out there. Yea right!! And it wasnt just me, I recall other owners having the same service issues. I would suggest checking with your local VW dealer to make sure they will provide you with “service with a smile” before buying one.

24. Sharon Ulmet on December 21st, 2010 10:30 am

I am looking for a later model Rialta with less than 40K miles in the Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma/Tennessee/Texas areas.
    Thanks!

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!