NHTSA Issues Latest RV-Related Recalls List
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued recall notices for the following products related to the recreational vehicle industry:
- 1,408 (2006-2009) Tiffin Allegro Bus, (2007-2009) Phaeton and (2005-2009) Zephyr vehicles built on Spartan chassis and equipped with Putman hitches. Certain trailer hitches may fracture which could result in the loss of the trailer.
- 124 (2009) Fleetwood Tioga and Jamboree 31M Class C motorhomes for falling to comply with certain certification requirements. The certification tag and the cargo carrying capacity tag figures related to the fresh water tank capacity of 50 gallons is incorrect. The correct water tank capacity is 35 gallons.
- 216 (2008) Pacific Coachworks Tango travel trailers. The information provided on the tire and loading information labels denoting the tire pressure and the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) is incorrect. The tire specified pressure reads 65 psi when it should read 50 psi and the GAWR is listed as 3,700 lbs when it should read 3,500 lbs.
The following have been issued in connection with an ongoing Dometic refrigerator recall:
- 75 (2004-2007) Triple E Empress Commander, Embassy, Regency and Topaz, (2004-2005 and 2007) Signature and (2005-2007) Regency GT recreational vehicles.
- 307 (2004-2006) S&S recreational vehicles.