The American Recreation Coalition (ARC) has presented its 2009 Legends Awards to seven federal managers in recognition of their outstanding work to improve outdoor recreation experiences and opportunities for the American people.
The awards were presented on Tuesday (June 9) during Great Outdoors Week – ARC’s celebration of the value and importance of outdoor recreation.
Initiated by ARC in 1991, the Legends Award program involves seven federal agencies: Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Federal Highway Administration, National Park Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the U.S. Forest Service.
Each agency nominates an individual whose extraordinary personal efforts have made a real difference in enhancing outdoor recreation programs and resources.
Recipients of the 2009 Legends Awards are:
- James Jennings, Bureau of Land Management.
- Jay Leasure, Bureau of Reclamation.
- Dan Johnson, Federal Highway Administration.
- Christopher K. Jarvi, National Park Service.
- Miles Johnson, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Kelly Blackledge, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Laurie A. Thorpe, U.S. Forest Service.
To read the full story, visit www.funoutdoors.com.