RVIA: May Wholesale RV Deliveries Match April’s
Total RV deliveries to retailers were 13,300 units in May this year, the same total recorded one month earlier but off 46.8% from this same month last year, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) reported today (June 26).
Motorhome totals were slightly better than the previous month, while towables were slightly less. On a seasonally adjusted basis, May’s total represented an annual rate of 141,000 units, an increase of 7.5% over last month.
Year-to-date, totals have now reached 57,000 units through May, off 59% compared to this same period last year. While all vehicle types are lower this year than last, Class A motorhomes continue to experience the largest percentage decline.
By segment the May report had these additional findings:
- 7,900 travel trailers, off 41.5%.
- 2,700 fifth-wheels, down 55%.
- 1,300 folding camping trailers, off 43.5%.
- 200 truck campers, down 60%.
- 400 Class A motorhomes, down 66.7%.
- 700 Class C motorhomes, a 46.2% decline.
- 100 Class B motorhomes, off 50%.