Navistar Engine Group Forms Regional Business Units
Navistar Engine Group, a global leader in diesel engine production, has created three regional business units to better focus on its expanding customer base around the world, according to a news release. The three units — North America, South America and Global — will be led by a team of Navistar veterans:
- Eric Tech becomes president, Navistar Engine Group, from vice president and general manager, leading the growth of this multi-national business.
- Andy Dondlinger becomes vice president and general manager of North American business operations, from general manager, Vee and Inline Business Units.
- Waldey Sanchez continues as president and CEO of Navistar’s South American engine operation, MWM-International.
- Jose Eduardo Luzzi, formerly director of sales and marketing for MWM-International, becomes vice president and general manager of Navistar’s Global Operations.
- David LaPalomento becomes vice president of Global Integration, from vice president of worldwide sales and marketing.
- Jim Jesionowski becomes director, Global Manufacturing Engineering and Quality.
“This is a significant next step in achieving our vision to transform Navistar Engine Group into a thriving global business that will provide clean diesel solutions wherever there’s a need for power,” said Tech. The new business unit leaders report directly to him.
The reorganization supports a number of strategic business goals: Ensure the continued delivery of innovative MaxxForce brand engines to the North American on-highway marketplace, including MaxxForce Advanced EGR emissions technology for 2010 and beyond; grow in other automotive and industrial segments in NAFTA countries; partner with new OEM customers in established and emerging markets under Euro emissions regulations; create a global platform for continuous improvement in product quality, performance and fuel-efficiency; develop common quality and manufacturing processes across our multi-national engine operations and joint ventures; support Navistar Global Truck Group and Navistar Global Bus division in non-NAFTA growth areas.