Debbie Brunoforte Takes over RVDA Chairmanship
Debbie Brunoforte of Little Dealer, Little Prices in Mesa, Ariz., is the new chairman of the board of the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA).
Brunoforte became RVDA’s top volunteer leader on Thursday (Oct. 8) at the association’s annual meeting, held in conjunction with the RV Dealers International Convention/Expo in Las Vegas, Nev.
Brunoforte previously served on the association’s Executive Committee as first vice chairman. She was chairman of the Replacement Parts Availability Task Force for the industry’s Committee on Excellence in 2007 and 2008.
“I think it’s time to put aside the doom and gloom and look to a brighter future,” Brunoforte told the RVDA membership. “Restrictive financing and other limiting factors will be challenges for some time, and yet, there are reasons to be optimistic,” she said. Brunoforte cited improving economic indicators including the stock market and housing as reasons for an uptick for the RV industry.
Other members of the RVDA board for 2009-10 are:
- First Vice Chairman – Tim O’Brien, Circle K RV’s Inc., Lapeer, Mich.
- Second Vice Chairman – Andy Heck, Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, N.Y.
- Treasurer – Mick Ferkey, Greeneway Inc., Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Secretary – Jeff Hirsch, Campers Inn of Kingston, Kingston, N.H.;
- Bob Been, Affinity RV Service Sales & Rentals, Prescott, Ariz.
- Tadd Jenkins, Bish’s RV Super Center, Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- Steve Plemmons, Bill Plemmons RV World, Rural Hall, N.C.
- Bill White, United RV Center, Fort Worth, Texas.
Also serving on the RVDA board are:
- Past Chairman – Larry Troutt, Topper’s Camping Center, Waller, Texas.
- RVDA Education Foundation Chairman – Rick Horsey, Parkview RV Center, Smyrna, Del.
- RV Assistance Corp. (RVAC) Chairman – Tom Stinnett of Tom Stinnett RV Freedom Center, Clarksville, Ind.
- RV Rental Association (RVRA) Chairman – Bert Alanko, MBA Insurance, Scottsdale, Ariz..
RVDA President Mike Molino also serves as a non-voting member.