The Indiana Manufactured Housing Association-Recreation Vehicle Indiana Council (IMHA-RVIC) is sponsoring two RV shows this month and promoting a third.
The 36th Annual Valley RV & Camping Show will be held Jan. 15-17 at the Century Center in South Bend.
Seven Hoosier RV dealers have booked all 45,000 square feet of exhibition space in South Bend’s Century Center and are showing between 80 and 90 RVs, mostly 2010 models, said Mark Bowersox, RVIC executive director.
“All the space is sold; the building will be full,” he said. “The dealers are back to, ‘We don’t have enough space, we need a little bit more’ which is good.”
The RVIC is tying this show in with the centennial observance of the founding of the RV industry, he noted. A 1916 tent camper, on loan from the RV/MH Heritage Foundation in nearby Elkhart, will be on display during the show.
Bowersox said Hoosier dealers are “an optimistic group” and tell him 2010 is opening on a strong note. “High-end stuff is slready moving,” he said.
Meanwhile, the 50th Annual Fort Wayne RV & Camping Show is scheduled for Jan. 28-31. The association is also promoting the Central Indiana RV Show to be held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis Jan. 16-24.
As for legislative matters, Bowersox noted that the 2010 session of the Indiana General Assembly has begun. This will be a “short session” and will end no later than March 14. The state’s declining tax revenues are a primary concern and a bill to amend the state’s constitution to include property tax caps has already been passed by committee.
IMHA-RVIC starts the new year with a new slate of officers. The following officers of the IMHA-RVIC began their terms in office Jan. 1 They are:
- President Gregg Pardieck, The Village Green, Seymour.
- Vice President Scott Hammontree, Canimex, Goshen.
- Secretary/Treasurer Nathan Smith, SSK Communities, Erlanger, Ky.
- Manufacyured Housing Chairman Bob Young Jr., Young Homes, Indianapolis.
- RV Council Chairman Barry Lang, Eby’s Pines Campground, Bristol.
Board members are:
- Pat Cross, Champion Homes (manufactured housing manufacturer), Topeka.
- Ron Kinsey, Modern Trailer Sales (RV retailer), Anderson.
- Eric Oaks, Oxford Bank & Trust (manufactured housing finance firm), Logansport.
- Tim Fister, Blevins Inc.- (manufactured housing supplier), New Carlisle, Ohio.
- Jan Wagner, Wagner Properties (communities), Evansville.
- Roger Huffman, L & W Engineering (RV supplier), Middlebury.