RVIA: January Wholesale Shipments Up 116%
Ready for more good news?
Wholesale shipments to retailers of all RVs were reported at 15,800 units in the January 2010 survey of manufacturers, more than twice the total from this same month last year.
Both towable and motorhome categories participated in last month’s growth with all categories at the same or substantially above their January totals last year, according to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA).
This marked the sixth consecutive monthly improvement for RV shipments as dealer orders more closely reflected retail sales during the month.
January’s shipment total was 116.4% above the January 2009 totals.
Towables totaled 14,300, up 116.7% from 6,600 in January 2009. Motorized shipments totaled 1,500, up 114.3% from 700 in January 2009.
Following are shipments by category, with percentage change from January 2009 and the shipment figures for a year ago:
- Travel trailers, 9,500, up 120.9% from 4,300.
- Fifth-wheel trailers, 3,500, up 150% from 1,400.
- Folding camping trailers, 1,100, up 37.5% from 800.
- Truck campers, 200, up 100% from 100.
- Class A motorhomes, 900, up 125% from 400.
- Class B motorhomes, 100, no change.
- Class C motorhomes, 500, up 150% from 200.