RV Techs Trouble Shooter Clinic is March 8-12
The next Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) Trouble Shooter Clinic for RV technicians is just around the corner: March 8-12 in Elkhart, Ind.
The course will improve the hands-on knowledge of RV service technicians and help them:
- Quickly diagnose and repair most major component parts.
- Make complete repairs on the first attempt.
- Over 40 hours of hands-on and classroom training.
- Enhance future RV sales and service potentials.
The core courses include:
- Basic Electricity – A presentation of 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC. Covers safety, testing meters and procedures, common problems and solutions. Includes Electrical Systems textbook.
- Propane Gas – Covers storage and handling, safety connections, thermocouples, venting, regulations, testing devices, control systems and common problems: includes Propane Systems textbook.
- Consumer Care – A presentation/DVD designed to help technicians improve customer satisfaction with your dealership.
- Product Specific Courses – generators, air conditioning, water heaters, refrigerators, furnaces, water pumps, commodes, steps, slideouts and axles, inverters, converters and brake controls.
- Specific presentations offered by industry expert.s
- Hands-on demonstrations cover common problems and solutions.
- Service publications and support resources provided.
- Supplier member firms offering courses covering their products include Atwood, Airxcel, Dometic, Norcold, Onan, Suburban, Shurflo, Thetford, Xantrex, Parallax, Cequent, Equalizer and Dexter Axle.
In addition, voluntary evening courses are available on NFPA 1192 Standard and Certification Test Orientation.
The registration fee is $599 per registrant.
Each registered technician receives a detailed Trouble Shooter Manual including an electronic copy of the Electrical Systems and Propane Systems textbooks, to keep for future reference, coffee breaks and daily luncheon (excluding Friday). A certificate and Trouble Shooter cap are awarded upon completion of the clinic.
RV Certification Testing: RVIA/RVDA Recreational Vehicle Technician Certification Testing is a separate event that will be conducted beginning at 1:30 p.m. the Friday afternoon following the Trouble Shooter Clinic. Technicians interested in sitting for the RV Certification Test must complete and submit a separate registration application and fee to RVDA. For more information about the application process, please call (703) 591-7130 or visit http://www.rvtechnician.com.
To register for the Trouble Shooter Clinic, click here.