The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) is gearing up for its two biggest member events of the year – Committee Week and the RVIA Annual Meeting – set to be held in Elkhart and South Bend June 7-10.
This year, Committee Week will be highlighted by RVIA’s fun-filled RV Centennial Celebration, taking place on Monday, June 7, at the RV/MH Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart.
Committee Week meetings take place Monday through Thursday, June 7 – 10, at the Century Center in South Bend, where RVIA members will plan the association’s agenda for the next fiscal year and beyond. The association’s standing committees, the Go RVing Coalition, the RVIA Executive Committee and RVIA board of directors will meet to develop strategies and programs for the upcoming fiscal year.
Rich Karlgaard is this year’s Annual Membership Meeting keynote speaker. A columnist, the publisher of Forbes magazine, and a regular panelist on the popular business show Forbes on Fox, Karlgaard will deliver his assessment of the current issues and trends in today’s business world. Richard Curtin, director of the Surveys of Consumers at the University of Michigan, will deliver a market forecast for the RV industry.
Karlgaard will be speaking Wednesday morning, while Curtin will be speaking at the luncheon that same day.
A full schedule of Committee Week events follows.
Monday, June 7
(Committee Week registration will take place in the River Suites Lobby – Lower Level from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- RV Industry Education Council 8 a.m. -12 noon
- Joint Committee Luncheon 12 noon – 1 p.m.
- Industry Education Committee 1 – 5 p.m.
- Lawyers’ Committee 1 – 5 p.m.
- Market Information Committee 1 – 5 p.m.
- RV Centennial Celebration* 6:30 – 10:30 p.m.
* RV Centennial Celebration will be held at the RV/MH Hall of Fame and Museum
Tuesday, June 8
- Standards Steering Committee 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Go RVing Coalition 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- National Show Committee 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Public & Legislative Affairs Committee 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Joint Committee Luncheon 12 noon – 2 p.m.
- Financial Services Committee 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Supplier Committee 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Public Relations Committee 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Notre Dame Tour and Reception/Dinner 6 – 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 9
- RVIA Membership Meeting 8:30 a.m. – noon
- RVIA Membership Luncheon noon – 1 p.m.
- Long-Range Planning/ Executive Committee* 1:30 – 6 p.m.
* If you are a committee chairman, plan to stay on Wednesday, June 9, for the Long-Range Planning meeting to present any motions formulated by your committee that will be reviewed by the board.
Thursday, June 10
- Board of Directors Meeting* 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Board of Directors Working Luncheon noon – 1 p.m.
*Continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m. in the meeting room.