RVIA: April Wholesale RV Shipments Soar 85%
RV wholesale deliveries to retailers were reported at 24,600 units in the April 2010 survey of manufacturers, up 2.5% over March 2010 and up 85% from this same month one year ago, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) reported today (May 26).
Total shipments in April were at their highest level in two years. Seasonally adjusted they represented an annualized rate of nearly 250,000 units. All vehicle segments showed increeases in shipments over April 2009 levels, RVIA noted.
Towables were the biggest gainers with deliveries to retailers of 22,000 units, up 78.9%, while motorhomes reflect the highest percentage improvement by growing from 1,000 units in April 2009 to 2,600 units in April 2010, up 160%.
Year-to-date, shipments of all RVs in the first four months of 2010 have now reached 84,500 units, nearly double the total from the same period last year.
By product segment, April shipments were as follows:
- Travel trailers, 14,400, up 82.3%.
- Fifth-wheel trailers, 5,400, up 86.2%.
- Folding camping trailers, 1,900, up 46.2%.
- Truck campers, 300, up 50%.
- Class A motorhomes, 1,100, up 266.7%.
- Class B motorhomes, 200, up 100%.
- Class C motorhomes, 1,300, up 116.7%.
By product segment year-to-date shipments were as follows:
- Travel trailers, 50,400, up 93.1%.
- Fifth-wheel trailers, 18,700, up 96.8%.
- Folding camping trailers, 6,100, up 48.8%.
- Truck campers, 1,000, up 66.7%.
- Class A motorhomes, 4,200, up 200%.
- Class B motorhomes, 600, up 100%.
- Class C motorhomes, 3,500, up 105.9%.
The complete table follows: