- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVIA Board Votes to Lower Seal Price to $25
Posted By RVBusiness On June 11, 2010 @ 6:08 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) board of directors capped four days of intense activity at Committee Week 2010 by voting unanimously Thursday (June 10) to reduce the RVIA seal price by $5 to $25, effective July 1, 2010.
The vote was included among a number of actions taken by the board on the final day of Committee Week as the result of recommendations from many of RVIA’s standing committees that met earlier in the week at the Century Center in South Bend, Ind.
This is the second reduction in the seal price in a three-month period. The board had previously approved a similar $5 reduction at its April meeting. The seal price had been increased to $35 in July 2009 to ease pressure on the association budget caused by the reduction in show and dues revenue triggered by the economic downturn. This action helped avoid further program cuts and allowed RVIA to continue providing essential association services at a critical time for the membership and industry.
“With the RV market gaining strength and the economic outlook improving, we are happy to once again lower the price of seals for our members,” said RVIA President Richard Coon.
The new $25 seal fee will apply to all member manufacturer vehicle types. The Go RVing per unit assessment of manufacturer members remains unchanged at the current levels of $46 for folding camping trailers and truck campers; $61 for travel trailers and fifth-wheel travel trailers; and $74 for motorhomes.
In other actions at their meeting on June 9, the board:
• Approved publishing a new Consumer Demographic Profile Study in FY2011 in order to identify changes in current owner demographics in the RV marketplace.
• Approved several changes to wholesale shipment reporting, including: providing wholesale shipment statistics for diesel and gasoline type B motorhomes; eliminating the category of type A diesel motorhomes without slideouts from market surveys and reporting since nearly all reported having slideouts; and reporting sports utility trailer shipments on a quarterly basis.
• Voted to establish a subcommittee of the Market Information Committee to review methods of reporting industry retail sales and retail inventory levels.
• Directed that manufacturer exhibitors in the California RV Show be permitted to have up to 20% of the units in each booth space composed of units from the previous model year with the remaining 80% devoted to units from the current model year.
• Approved four Trouble Shooter Clinics to be scheduled for FY2011 and FY2012, with one session in 2012 being an advanced clinic.
• Approved $15,000 in FY2011 to support the RV Safety Education Foundation (RVSEF), providing a report on past and future activities is submitted by the RVSEF to the RVIA annually.
• Approved supporting the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM) in developing an SAE brake performance and testing standard that would establish uniform brake requirements for manufacturers of light- and medium-duty trailers (less than 26,000 pounds GVWR) and that an RVIA-designated representative work with the NATM brake task force.
• Approved an update to the Vacation Cost Comparison Study, which was last conducted in 2008.
• Approved the FY2011 RV Market Expansion and Reinforcement Program to be executed by Barton-Gilanelli, subject to budget considerations. This consists of the RV Top-of-Mind-Awareness Program, including national electronic and print media outreach, RV media luncheons, satellite media tours and other spokesperson activities.
• Approved publishing the 2009 Annual Survey of Lenders’ Experiences and continuing the research for FY2011.
Programs with specific budgets for FY2011 are pending until final approval by the RVIA Executive Committee at its August budget meeting and the RVIA Board of Directors at its September meeting.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/06/rvia-board-votes-to-lower-seal-price-to-25/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.