Escapees RV Club to Rally in Goshen, Ind.
The 50th “Escapade,” a rally of members of the Escapees RV Club, scheduled for Sept. 12-17, is reaching its maximum capacity at the rally site, the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, Ind., the club has reported.
More than 1,000 RVs will gather at the fairgrounds, located just east of the Northern Indiana community.
“Honor the Past and Embrace the Future” is the theme of the 50th Escapade, according to the current issue of the club’s newsletter.
The club noted various pre-rally rallies at points leading up to the Escapade:
- Coming from the west, North Central No. 12 is gathering in New Ulm, Minn., Aug. 23-26. Iowa Wild Roses No. 48 is having a rally in Corning, Iowa, Aug 26-29. The Badger SKPS No. 49 is having a kickoff rally Aug. 22-27 in Superior, Wis. They are then caravanning with a grand rolling rally to Goshen for Escapade.
- Just to the north, Great Lakes No. 6 will be in Corunna, Mich., Sept. 2-6.
- Coming from the East Coast, Northeast No. 3 has its lobsterfest Aug. 18-22 in Herman, Maine. Wooster, Ohio, is a favorite rally spot for Erie Shores No. 36, Aug. 26-29. And Maple Leaf No. 18 is gathering Sept. 7-9 in Goderich, Ontario, on the way to Goshen.
- Coming from the south, Ken-Tenn No. 42 is having a rolling rally with stops near Cave City, Ky., and Columbus, Ind., Sept. 5-8.
- The ELK C-BOF is celebrating its 10th anniversary at a pre-Escapade Rally in Elkhart, Ind., Sept. 7-10, and the SOLOs invite all singles to join them for their pre-Escapade rally Sept. 7-12 in Buchanan, Mich.
Meanwhile, Hoosier Neighbor No. 51 will have its chapter rally at the Goshen Fairgrounds following Escapade, Sept. 17-21, while Lincolnland No. 46 will rally in Howe, Ind., Sept. 17-19, after Escapade. The DOVEs will be having training classes after Escapade. The MDT will have is annual rally Sept. 20-24 in Berrien Springs, Mich., just north of Goshen.
To find all the event details online, go to www.escapees.com/escapade/2010