RVIA Reports June Shipments Up 72.6%
Deliveries to retailers of all RVs climbed to their highest level in more than two years as June shipments reached 27,000 units, 10% greater than May and 72.6% greater than June last year, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) reported today (July 26).
This marked the 10th consecutive month where shipments were greater than the same month one year earlier, and the June totals presented an annualized rate of more than 285,000 units, RVIA noted.
Towable RV shipments increased 67.3% over June last year as travel trailers improved 65.3%, while fifth-wheel trailers nearly doubled. Conventional Class A motorhomes tripled in June helping to raise all motorhome totals to 2,500 units in the month and raised year-to-date totals to 13,500 units, which is slightly better than all of 2009.
All categories rose in June over June 2009 and are well ahead of the 2009 pace. In particular:
- Travel trailer shipments totaled 16,700, up 65.3%.
- Fifth-wheel shipments totaled 5,900, up 90.3%.
- Folding camping trailer shipments totaled 1,700, up 30.8%.
- Truck camper shipments totaled 300, up 50%.
In the motorized sector:
- Class A shipments totaled 1,200, up 200%.
- Class B shipments totaled 200, up 100%.
- Class C shipments totaled 1,100, up 120%.
- Travel trailer shipments totaled 81,500, up 84.8%.
- Fifth-wheel shipments totaled 30,100, up 96.7%.
- Folding camping trailer shipments totaled 9,400, up 40.3%.
- Truck camper shipments totaled 1,500, up 50%.
- Class A shipments totaled 6,500, up 195.5%.
- Class B shipments totaled 900, up 80%.
- Class C shipments totaled 6,100, up 110.3%.
Year-to-date, towable shipments are up 82.6%, motorized shipments are up 141.1% and towable and motorized combined are up 87.1%.
For a complete look at the June shipments, see the table below.