RVBusiness Announces 2010 Top 50 Dealers
The RVBusiness staff today (Aug. 17) announced selections for the 3rd Annual RV Business Top 50 Dealer Awards, which are to be presented at an all-industry dinner on the evening of Wed., Oct. 6, at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas during the Recreation Vehicle Dealer Association’s (RVDA) annual RV Dealers International Convention/Expo.
A volunteer panel of industry veterans concluded its review of dealer applications, based on the nominations of North American RV manufacturers, on Aug. 5 after being sequestered for two days at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Ind.
And while this year’s selections represent a relatively wide array of dealerships in terms of size and style, RVBusiness Publisher Sherman Goldenberg reports that the panel’s mission once again was to keep a keen eye on dealers’ overall professionalism, best practices, consumer care, association activities, civic involvement and the general spirit and specific recommendations of the Go RVing Coalition’s Committee on Excellence.
“I can’t tell you how much we appreciate the efforts of those six individuals on our selection committee and how pleased we are with the dealers selected for 2010,” says Goldenberg. “Our only real regret this time around, given the healthy number of applicants this year, is that there were several dealers on the cusp of making the cut this year who didn’t get in. And we hope that all of them will return for the next round in 2011 because there’s a real good chance that they’ll qualify.”
Again this year, the RVBusiness Top 50 selection process was overseen by Osceola, Ind.-based BJ Thompson Associates Inc. Consistent with the previous two years, the Top 50 dealers are not ranked, although five Blue Ribbon retailers will be singled out on Oct. 6 for special recognition. In addition, the Dave Altman Lifetime Achievement Award in RV retailing will also be presented to one of the Top 50 dealers at this year’s dinner for which the keynote speaker is conservative political columnist and author Ann Coulter
The following U.S. and Canadian retailers are the recipients of the 2010 RV Business Top 50 Dealer Awards (in unranked, alphabetical order):
- Aberdeen RV Center, Aberdeen, Miss.
- Aloha RV, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, N.Y.
- Altmans Winnebago, Carson, Calif.
- American RV Sales & Service, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Apache Village RV Center, Hazelwood, Mo.
- ArrKann RV, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Beckley’s Camping Center, Thurmont, Md.
- Big Country RV, Bend, Ore.
- Bill Plemmons RV World, Rural Hall, N.C.
- Boat N RV Superstores, West Coxsackie, N.Y.
- Bucars RV Centre, Balzac, Alberta.
- Campers Inn, Kingston, N.H.
- Capital RV Center, Bismarck, N.D.
- Carolina Coach & Camper, Claremont, N.C.
- Coachlight RV Sales, Carthage, Mo.
- Coates RV Center, Columbus, Minn.
- Colonial Airstream & Itasca, Lakewood, N.J.
- Curtis Trailers, Portland, Ore.
- Dixie RV Superstore, Newport News, Va.
- Dodd RV, Portsmouth, Va.
- Driftwood RV Centers, Clermont, N.J.
- Dusty’s Camper World, Bartow, Fla.
- ExploreUSA RV Supercenter, Plano, Texas.
- Greeneway RV Sales & Service, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Guaranty RV Supercenters, Junction City, Ore.
- Hilltop Trailer Sales, Fridley, Minn.
- Kings Campers, Wausau, Wis.
- Lazydays, Seffner, Fla.
- Little Dealer Little Prices, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Mike Thompson’s RV Super Stores, Santa Fe Springs, Calif.
- Modern Trailer Sales, Anderson, Ind.
- Mount Comfort RV, Greenfield, Ind.
- Parkview RV Center, Smyrna, Del.
- PleasureLand RV Center, St. Cloud, Minn.
- Pontiac RV, Pontiac, Ill.
- Poulsbo RV, Kent, Wash.
- Richardson’s RV Centers, Riverside, Calif.
- Rick’s RV Center, Joliet, Ill.
- Roy Robinson Motorhome & RV Center, Marysville, Wash.
- Safford RV, Thornburg, Va.
- Steinbring Motorcoach, Garfield, Minn.
- Tennessee RV Sales & Service, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Terrell Camping Center, Terrell, N.C.
- Tom Johnson Camping Center, Marion, N.C.
- Topper’s Camping Center, Waller, Texas
- Veurinks’ RV Center, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Wilkins Recreational Vehicles, Bath, N.Y.
- Windish RV Center, Lakewood, Colo.
- Woody’s RV World, Red Deer, Alberta
RVBusiness Top 50 Dealer Award honorees will be promoted in the national press, in dealers’ hometown newspapers and in the pages and websites of Affinity’s trade and consumer magazines, including RVBusiness, Trailer Life, MotorHome, Highways, Coast to Coast and Camping Life.
Underwriting this year’s RV Business Top 50 Dealer Awards program are “Leadership Alliance” members ADP Lightspeed, Bank of the West, Blue Ox, Cummins Onan RV Generators, Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp., RV America Insurance, RV Trader Online and Protective.
Tickets for the dinner are available through RVBUSINESS.com.