Monaco/Alliance Coach Host LPGA Roadtrip
Before the LPGA Tour season concludes Dec. 2-5 with the LPGA Tour Championship at the Grand Cypress Golf Club in Orlando, a host of LPGA players, executives, partners and friends will travel in a Monaco RV to visit with fans and spread the word about the Tour’s exciting season and its Florida finale.
The LPGA Road Trip Driven by Monaco RV/Alliance Coach “kicks off” this weekend with a couple of football games: A visit to Gainesville on Saturday (Nov. 13) for a University of Florida SEC football showdown with former Gators golfer Sandra Gal, followed the next day by a trip to Tampa for an NFL Buccaneers game with LPGA player Karen Stupples, a rabid Bucs fan.
The Monaco RV Diplomat will weave around Florida over the next week and a half, wrapping up the Road Trip just prior to Thanksgiving on Nov. 23 with a “Feed the Hungry” visit to Caring Hands Ministry in Wildwood, Fla., home of Alliance Coach, where participants in the Road Trip will prepare special pre-Thanksgiving meals.
“We’re thrilled to partner once again with the LPGA and its players, who not only know how to entertain and engage their fans, but also open their hearts to the communities where they visit,” said Ryan Lee, Monaco RV director of marketing. “As Presenting Sponsor of the Navistar LPGA Classic, we’ve enjoyed great success with the tour and love the idea of partnering for a fun, interactive road trip.”
Added LPGA Tour Commissioner Mike Whan: “Monaco RV’s a great success story — a former small, specialty RV manufacturer that has grown into a thriving corporation producing annual revenue exceeding $1 billion — so we’re proud to work with them both at our annual Navistar tournament as well as the countdown to the LPGA Tour Championship.”
The LPGA Road Trip Driven by Monaco RV/Alliance Coach also will be supported by LPGA and LPGA Tour Championship partners including Pepsi, Blue Diamond Almonds, Choice Hotels and Florida’s Natural Brand.
Media and fans alike are encouraged to participate in the Road Trip, either in person or via the websites of the LPGA, Monaco RV and Alliance Coach, along with their affiliated Facebook pages, YouTube.com channels and Twitter feeds.
Besides the aforementioned football events with Sandra Gal and Karen Stupples, the Road Trip also will feature a number of other activities and appearances including:
- Paula Creamer gets her first up-close view of the new Amway Center during an Orlando Magic game.
- Laura Diaz, Julieta Granada and Commissioner Whan help raise funds for the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf at an EWGA (Executive Women’s Golf Association) pro-am event at the world-renowned TPC Stadium Course on Nov. 15 (www.EWGA.com).
- Suzann Pettersen visits Grand Cypress Golf Club for a special media day on Nov. 17.
- A visit to the World Golf of Fame & Museum in historic St. Augustine (www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org).
- Yani Tseng talks about the Race for the Rolex Rankings No. 1 and Rolex Player of the Year at her Orlando home, formerly owned by Annika Sorenstam.
- Sherri Steinhauer defends her title at the Legends Tour Open Championship at Innisbrook Golf Resort in Palm Harbor Nov. 20-21.
- Scheduled appearances by Florida-based LPGA players Na Yeon Choi, Song-Hee Kim, Christina Kim, Amy Yang, Meredith Duncan, Mindy Kim and more.