The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
- Certain Jayco Inc. (2011) Jay Feather Select travel trailers series 29l, manufactured from June 1, 2010, through Sept. 10, 2010. During the course of a routine inspection, it was discovered that the stove in the exterior kitchen had not been tested for liquid propane (LP) leaks.
- Certain Utility Trailer (2011) VS2RA and VS2DX trailers equipped with Arvin Meritor suspension systems. The suspect systems may have missing welds at the interface of the lower seat bracket and axle beam.
- Certain Starcraft (2011) Travel Star trailers series 299bhs, manufactured from June 24, 2010, through Aug. 5, 2010. During the course of a routine inspection, it was discovered that the stove in the exterior kitchen was not being tested for LP leaks.
- Certain Starcraft Travel Star (2011) travel trailers manufactured from May 5, 2010, through Aug. 12, 2010, are missing the intermediate side marker light.
- Certain Rogue Industries (2008-2010) Rogue model S/A and T/A boat trailers equipped with Cequent 3-inch by 3-inch and 3-inch by 4-inch Fulton swing tongue units. The pivot bolt can shear allowing the trailer tongue to swing allowing the trailer and boat to come forward and hit the towing vehicle.
- Certain Jayco Inc. (2011) Jay Feather Select travel trailers series 29L manufactured from May 11, 2010, through Sept. 10, 2010, are missing the intermediate side marker light.
- Certain Fleetwood RV (2011) Terra class A motorhomes manufactured from June 6, 2010, through Oct. 4, 2010, for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.” The high-beam and low-beam headlights are not in the correct positions as specified by FMVSS 108.
- Certain Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. (2011) travel trailers manufactured from June 10, 2010, through Sept. 3, 2010, and equipped with Siemens and Murray one-inch plug-in circuit breakers. The ”spring clip” plug-in assembly may break or fail to provide sufficient force to maintain a proper electrical connection in the panel board.
- Certain Keystone RV Co. fifth-wheel trailers with a generator ready option.
- Certain Coachmen RV (2011) Catalina and Freedom Express coaches manufactured from Aug. 23, 2010, through Sept. 28, 2010, and equipped with 15-inch by 6-inch white spoke or modular design steel wheels with a six hole bolt pattern. Some of the wheels may have inadequate weld penetration between the outer ring and the center plate due to improper plate alignment.
- Certain Keystone RV Co. ( 2011) travel trailers equipped with 15-inch by 6-inch white spoke or modular design steel wheels with a six-hole bolt pattern. Some of the wheels may have inadequate weld penetration between the outer ring and the center plate due to improper plate alignment.
The following firms are recalling units equipped with Dimplex Electraflame, Symphony or Optiflame branded electric fireplaces, stoves and fireplace inserts. The plug in remote control receiver for the fireplace can overheat.
- Certain King of the Road recreational vehicles manufactured from Nov. 1, 2004, through June 30, 2006.
- Certain KZRV recreational vehicles.
The following firms are recalling vehicles equipped with 1200-series Norcold refrigerators:
- Certain Thor Motor Coach (2004-2011) Damon and Four Winds recreational vehicles.
- Certain Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. (2008-2011) Grand Junction and (2011) Voltage recreational vehicles.
- Certain Showtime (2001, 2002, and 2004) Showhauler recreational vehicles; (1999) and (2000) Classic car trailers; (2006) Wildside recreational vehicles; and (2007) Showtime horse trailers,
- Certain Foretravel (1998, 1999, 2001, and 2002) model U320 coaches.
- Certain Featherlite Trailers trailers
- Certain Gulf Stream Coach Inc. fifth-wheel trailers.
- Certain Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. motorcoaches.
- Certain Keystone RV Co. travel trailers and fifth-wheels.
- Certain Navistar Inc. recreational vehicles.
The following firms have announced recalls of units equipped with Atwood 35 series range ovens. A potential exists for a small fracture within the line delivering gas to the oven cavity burner.
- Certain Lance Camper Manufacturing Corp. (2011) recreational vehicles, models 850, 992, 1685, 1881, and 2285, manufactured from July 1, 2010, through Sept. 30, 2010,
- Certain Skyline Corp. (2011) Nomad, Aljo and Layton recreational vehicles manufactured from Aug. 1, 2010, through Oct. 8, 2010,
- Certain Prime Time (2011) Prime Time recreational vehicles manufactured from June 30, 2010, through Sept. 23, 2010.