5 Promoted at Cequent Performance Products
Cequent Performance Products has announced several personnel promotions. According to a news release:
- Since January 2010, Tom Aepelbacher has supported both Cequent Performance Products as the vice president of operations and TriMas Corp. as the vice president of global sourcing. Over the past year, the Global Sourcing Organization, under his leadership, has proven to be an integral part of TriMas’ overall success. With continued focus on global growth initiatives and on-going productivity, Dave Wathen, president and CEO of TriMas, has announced that Aepelbacher will focus his efforts on global sourcing, as well as the development of a TriMas Continuous Improvement Program. In this role, he will continue to utilize his 25 years of experience in manufacturing and sourcing to continue working with the business unit leaders to gain penetration into emerging markets, leverage buying power, use strategic sourcing initiatives to increase productivity by lowering spend and lead the development of continuous improvement initiatives corporate wide. He will report directly to Dave Wathen and will be relocating to the TriMas corporate office in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Mike Finos has been promoted to chief operating officer for Cequent Performance Products. In this role, Finos will be assuming the responsibilities of North American manufacturing, global sourcing, quality and continuous improvement. He will also maintain his responsibility for logistics, inventory management and information technology. Finos has worked for CPP for the past seven-plus years with progressively increasing responsibility. He transitioned to vice president of logistics in 2003 from Hidden Hitch and over the past several years has taken on responsibility for inventory management and information technology. Prior to joining CPP, he was the vice president of logistics with Hidden Hitch, prior to it being acquired by TriMas. Tom Benson, president of CPP, made this announcement, “Mike has a strong history of commitment to excellence during his tenure here at Cequent, and during his years at Hidden Hitch. His dedication to our customer base and his passion for this business are exceptional. In addition, each of the changes we are announcing today will strengthen our business and improve our ability to provide customers with superior service,” he said.
- Steve Helser has been promoted to director, North American manufacturing. Helser will now be responsible for the operations of the Mexican production facilities in Juarez and Reynosa in addition to continuing his responsibilities for the Goshen, Ind., and the Tekonsha, Mich., production facilities. Helser joined Cequent in 2004 as the plant manager of the Goshen Facility and was promoted to director of manufacturing for Goshen and Tekonsha in 2009.
- Justin Schuhardt has been promoted to director, global logistics. He will carry on his customer and tech service responsibilities. In addition, he will be responsible for logistics, purchasing and distribution. Schuhardt joined Cequent in 2004 as finished goods inventory manager in South Bend, Ind. In late 2005, he was promoted to DC Manager – Oakville, Canada. In late 2009, he was promoted to director of customer service.
- Bruce Gielinski has been promoted to director of quality and continuous improvement. In addition he will now be responsible for quality across all of CPP. Gielinski has been with Cequent for over 33 years, starting at the original facility in Belleville, Mich.m in 1977. He has held several positions including expeditor, general foreman, plant manager, product consolidation manager, engineering manager and most recently director of continuous improvement.