Top

Faulty Electrical Cord Caused Loveall’s RV Fire

  Print Print

February 22, 2011 by   Leave a Comment

Fire investigators in Boone County, Mo., say a faulty electrical cord was the cause of a fire that destroyed a Columbia RV dealership on Jan. 17, KRCG-TV, reported.

The electrical fire caused nearly $2 million in damage at the Loveall RV dealership just east of Columbia near Interstate 70.

Loveall’s insurance company hired a private investigator and an electrical forensic engineer to find the origin of the fire.

Investigators say an electrical cord running from the Loveall office building to a parked recreation vehicle ignited the flames.

Loveall RV Owner David Duffy told KRCG News that he hopes to rebuild his building within the next three months.

In the meantime, the dealership remains open with offices in a portable building.

[Slashdot] [Digg] [Reddit] [Facebook] [Google] [StumbleUpon]

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!





*

Bottom