Updating January RV-Related NHTSA Recalls
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
- Certain (2010-2011) Keystone RV Co. Cougar, Laredo and Outback travel trailers equipped with Lippert Component hitch couplers for lack of indentation on the forward edge of the coupler.
- Certain (2011) Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. Rubicon and Voltage recreational vehicles manufactured from Aug. 16, 2010, through Dec. 23, 2010. The fuel shut-off timer modules are defective.
- Certain (2010-2011) Fleetwood RV Southwind and (2010) Bounder Class A motorhomes. The LPG tank can come into contact with the spring shackle carrier bolt and damage the LPG tank.
- Certain (2006-2010) DRV Elite, Mobile Suite and Select Suite recreational vehicles. These vehicles have the incorrect federal ID tag, gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) information labels which fails to comply with the requirements of part 567, “Certification.”
- Certain (2010-2011) MCI D4500, D4505, and D4000 motorcoaches. The affected pulley covers may lack certain welds required to keep the covers attached to the coach structure.
- Certain (2010-2011) Forest River Inc. Salem travel trailers manufactured from Sept. 25, 2009, through Jan. 13, 2011. The bottom leaf on the leaf springs may rotate out of position and make contact with the tire.
- Certain (2010-2011) Entegra Aspire Class A motorhomes manufactured from April 22, 2009, through Dec. 23, 2010, for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety No. 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment.” The position of the high beam and low beam headlamps are transposed from their proper position.
- Certain (2009-2011) Keystone RV Co. Montana Big Sky and (2010-2011) Montana fifth-wheel trailers. The propane hose for the slide room may contact the tire and may become damaged.
- Certain (2011) Navistar Onyx travel trailers manufactured from June 18, 2010, through Sept. 29, 2010. Under extreme rough road conditions, the suspension equalizer linkages may contact, and possibly damage, brake wiring and/or liquid propane line that are routed above the suspension.
- Certain (2010-2011) Coachmen Brookstone trailers equipped with Dometic conventional microwave oven. The conventional microwave oven may not have been installed according to the manufacturers installation instructions.
- Certain (2009) Coachmen Georgie Boy Cruise Master Class A motorhomes. The fuel-fill cap assemblies used to seal the unused side of the dual-fill gasoline fuel tank were produced with a hose material that did not meet design specifications.
- Certain (2007-2010) Thor Motor Coach Damon Challenger, (2008-2009) Challenger Platinum, (2007-2011) Daybreak, (2010) Daybreak Classic, (2009-2010) Daybreak Sport, (2007-2009) Outlaw and (2011) Four Winds Hurricane recreational vehicles manufactured from March 2007, through August 2008. The fuel-fill cap assemblies used to seal the unused side of the dual-fill gasoline fuel tank were produced with a hose material that did not meet design specifications.
- Certain (2011) Keystone RV Co. Avalanche, Laredo, and Springdale recreational vehicles equipped with Atwood 35 series range ovens. A potential exists for a small fracture within the line delivering gas to the oven cavity burner.
- Certain (2007-2008) Coachmen Chaparral, (2004-2006) Somerset, (2007-2008) Wyoming, (2004-2005) Santara and (2004-2006) Sportscoach Elite motorhomes and fifth-wheel trailers manufactured from October 2003 through September 2007. These vehicles are equipped with Dimplex Electraflame, Symphony or Optiflame branded electric fireplaces, stoves and fireplace inserts. The plug in remote control receiver for the fireplace can overheat.
- Certain (2011) Newmar Essex DP, King Aire DB and Mountain Aire DP recreational vehicles manufactured from Oct. 14, 2009, through Nov.30, 2010. These vehicles are equipped with V-bus FET-8 control boards manufactured by KIB electronics and there is a potential defect that may result in an unrecognized excessive current situation.
- Certain (2008) Winnebago Industries Inc. Destination and Latitude motorhomes built on Workhouse Custom chassis. The fuel fill cap assemblies used to seal the unused fuel tank inlet were produced with an incorrect hose material.
- Certain (2010) Fleetwood RV Fiesta Class A motorhomes. The headlights may have been incorrectly wired, resulting in reduced headlight illumination with the headlights on low beam.
Meanwhile, the following firms have announced a recall of units equipped with the 1200-series Norcold refrigerators: Tiffin Motorhomes Inc., KZRV, Fleetwood RV and Marathon Homes Corp.