RVIA: Feb. Wholesale RV Shipments Off 1.5%
Wholesale shipments to dealers of all RVs were reported at 19,800 units in February’s survey of manufacturers, down 1.5% from February 2010, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) has reported.
Towable shipments totaled 17,700, down 2.2% from a year ago, while motorized shipments totaled 2,100, up 5% from a year ago.
For the first two months of 2011, shipments of all RVs were 37,600 units, a gain of 4.7% compared to the first two months last year. Towable shipments totaled 33,500, up 3.4% from the 2010 pace, while motorized shipments totaled 4,100, up 17.1%.
On a seasonally adjusted basis, all RV shipments in February this year were at an annualized rate of 227,600 units, up slightly from last month.
By segment, February shipments, followed by percentage change from February 2010, were as follows:
- Travel trailers, 11,800, off 1.7%.
- Fifth-wheels, 4,800, up 4.3%.
- Folding camping trailers, 1,000, down 16.7%.
- Truck campers, 100, down 66.7%.
- Class A motorhomes, 1,100, up 10%.
- Class B motorhomes, 200, flat.
- Class C motorhomes, 800, flat.
For the first two months of 2011, shipments, followed by percentage changes from 2010, were as follows:
- Travel trailers, 22,200, up 3.3%.
- Fifth-wheels, 9,100, up 12.3%.
- Folding camping trailers, 1,900, down 17.4%.
- Truck campers, 300, down 40%.
- Class A motorhomes, 2,200, up 15.8%.
- Class B motorhomes, 300, flat.
- Class C motorhomes, 1,600, up 23.1%.
Se chart below for complete data.