Updating February RV-Related NHTSA Recalls
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
- ArvinMeritor is recalling certain MC16 and MC16 type tag axle assemblies that were shipped to Motor Coach Industries between Oct. 21, 2010, and Dec. 6, 2010, for use on recreational vehicles. Bolts used to connect the axle housing to the spindle of the axle may not have been properly heat treated, resulting in potentially compromised hardness and strength that, in turn could lead to reduced joint integrity.
- Keystone RV Co. is recalling certain model year 2011 Raptor recreational vehicles. The fresh water fill/draw line may be connected to the black waste water’s tank.
- Fleetwood RV Inc. is recalling certain model year 2010 Fiesta Class A motorhomes. The headlights may have been incorrectly wired, resulting in reduced headlight illumination with the headlights on low beam.
- Keystone RV Co. is recalling certain model year 2011 Cougar and Laredo travel trailers. The axles are installed backward, causing a slight reduction in braking torque and shortened brake lining service life.
- Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. is recalling certain model year 2011 315BHDS recreational vehicles manufactured from March 3, 2010 through January 24, 2011, for failing to comply with the requirements of Part 567, ”Certification.” The labels list the wrong tire load range. The size should be ST225/75R15d and was listed as ST225/75R15C.
- Winnebago Industries Inc. is recalling certain model year 2010-2011 Tour and Itasca Ellipse motorhomes manufactured from Aug. 7, 2009, through Feb. 7, 2011, for failing to comply with the requirements of Part 567, ”Certification.” The vehicles are equipped with labels indicating the wrong type of load range tires.
- Navistar International Corp. is recalling certain model year 2011 Riptide recreational vehicles. The porous metal castings may cause cracking of the wiper arm at the mounting to the pivot shaft.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling certain model year 2011 Eagle Superlite fifth-wheels manufactured from Nov. 15, 2010, through Feb. 9, 2011. Due to a typographical error, the size of the tire as indicated on the federal id label is incorrectly identified.
- Prevost is recalling certain model year 2010 H3-45, model year 2011 VIP-45 and X3-45 motorcoaches manufactured from October 2010 through February 2011. The welding on the fuel tank supports is insufficient and could lead to the metal supports contacting the ground.
The following firms have recalled vehicles equipped with 1200-series Norcold refrigerators: Coachmen RV, Dynamax, King of the Road, NRC and Tiffin Motorhomes Inc.