Management at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Northern Indiana expects a normal season for RV rallies this year, despite the uncertainty of gas prices this summer.
Ten rallies, with attendance ranging between 100 and 300 rigs each, are on tap this season, starting with the Holiday Rambler Pusher 419 Rally set for April 30 to May 5.
“That’s about typical what we do,” Tanya Swihart, rental manager, told RVBUSINESS.com. “In light of everything, I’d say it’s a very good year.”
The fairgrounds, located on the edge of Goshen, can accommodate up to 900 units. In years past, big events, such as those featuring the Escapees RV Club, have nearly filled the fairgrounds. But such large groups are not booked for this season.
Swihart has yet to receive registration estimates from event sponsors to say which rally might be the largest, but does know that the Holiday Rambler event will likely draw 300 rigs.
Up to now, she has yet to receive any cancelations for the season and doesn’t expect any.
The fairgrounds site has become popular since operators upgraded the site more than a decade ago. It is conveniently located to many RV manufacturers. The Elkhart County Convention and Tourism Bureau assists groups in planning tourist activities while attending the rallies.
The 2011 rally schedule follows:
- Holiday Rambler Pusher 419 Rally – April 30-May 5.
- International Area Organization (INTO) Rally – May 11-15.
- Heartland Rally – June 15-19.
- RVFEST 2011 Rally – June 20-27.
- Passport America Rally – Aug. 16-20.
- SunnyBrook Rally – Aug. 21-27.
- GMC Motorhome Rally – Sept. 9-15.
- Montana Owners Club Rally – Sept. 21-28.
- Thor Diesel Rally – Oct. 2-7.
- RVing Women Rally – Oct. 8-16.