Updating March’s RV-Related NHTSA Recalls
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
- MCI is recalling certain model year 2010 J4500 motorcoaches manufactured from October 2009 through August 2010, and equipped with Braun wheelchair lifts. The electrical and hydraulic lines that service the wheelchair lifts may be routed or clamped in a way that could result in the lines being pinched during lift operation.
- MCI is recalling certain model year 2011 MCI J4500, E4500, and J4500c motor coaches manufactured from May 1, 2010 through Jan.31, 2011, and equipped with DOGA windshield wipers. Certain wires may have been incorrectly installed by MCI at the factory which could result in the windshield wipers failing to operate.
- Winnebago is recalling certain model year 2011 Tour and Itasca Ellipse motorhomes manufactured from Aug. 9, 2010 through Jan. 21, 2011. These vehicles have the potential for a LP hose connection to be damaged when the slideout room is operated.
- Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling certain model year 2010-2011 North Trail travel trailers. The suspension can come in contact with the LP pipe mounted on the frame under the trailer above the equalizer arm.
- Crossroads RV is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Zinger recreational vehicles. The federal identification tag on the vehicles contains incorrect, gross axle weight rating (GAWR) and gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) information.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain recreational vehicles manufactured from March 9, 2010, through March 9, 2011. The wiring for the oxygen (O2) sensor that connects to the catalytic converter may not be properly secured.
- Entegra is recalling certain model year 2010-2011 Aspire Class A motorhomes manufactured from May 20, 2009, through Sept. 7, 2010. There may be an improper electrical connection at the buss bar on the affected transfer switches.
- Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. is recalling certain model year 2011 Komfort Pacific Ridge recreational vehicles manufactured from October 15, 2010 through December 30, 2010, for failing to comply with the requirements of Part 567, “Certification.” The labels list the wrong gross axle weight rating (GAWR) and gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR).
- MCI is recalling certain model year 2011 MCI J4500 motorcoaches manufactured from Dec. 1, 2010, through Feb. 28, 2011, and equipped with ArvinMeritor MC16 and MC16 type tag axle assemblies. The bolts used to connect the axle housing to the spindle of the axle may not have been properly heat treated, resulting in potentially compromised hardness and strength that, in turn, could lead to reduced joint integrity.
- Fleetwood RV is recalling certain model year 2011 Discovery, Revolution LE and Providence Class A motorhomes. The internal circuit board of the ITC brand dimmer switch can fail and overheat.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2012 Freedom Elite motor homes manufactured from Feb. 1, 2011, through Feb. 16, 2011. The brackets attaching the gray water tank to the vehicle is not properly attached to the tank.
The following firms have recalled units equipped with the 1200-series Norcold refrigerators: Triple E, New Horizons and Forest River Inc.