Woodalls: Find ‘Green’ RV Parks on Facebook
To celebrate Earth Day, Woodall’s announced the creation of a searchable database of “Green-Friendly” parks at Facebook.com/Woodalls.
The Woodall’s/ARVC Plan-It “Green-Friendly” Park Program, which rolled out last year, helps identify parks that are implementing eco-friendly practices at their campground or RV park.
Together, Woodall’s and the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) — with guidance from Leave No Trace (an organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment of the outdoors) — has developed “Green-Friendly” criteria that is applied to RV parks or campgrounds around the country.
In order to be considered “Green-Friendly,” parks must meet nine out of the 18 criteria listed below:
- Tankless water heaters.
- Motion sensors for lighting in bathrooms and clubhouses.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products.
- Water saving showerheads and/or faucets with automatic shutoff taps.
- Recycle bins for cans, paper, glass and plastic.
- Energy saving appliances.
- Eco-friendly and “Leave No Trace” tips and education for guests.
- Landscaping that uses wood chip, pebble, paved or grass paths to decrease soil erosion.
- “Reduce Water Usage” signage for guests around the park.
- One or more of the following: lighting, heaters and/or coolers with timers.
- Solar or wind power.
- Low flush toilets or waterless urinals.
- Grey water access (if allowed in state).
- On-site organic composting.
- Email confirmations rather than paper to minimize paper waste.
- Geothermal heating and cooling.
- A program for frequent tree planting.