- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Best Parks in America Adds Four RV Resorts
Posted By RVBusiness On May 12, 2011 @ 2:30 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Best Parks in America (BPA) has announced the addition of four new affiliated RV resorts, bringing the total number of parks carrying the Best Parks flag to 80. The new parks are located in Maryland, Virginia and Maine.
According to a press release, the new parks include Point Sebago Resort, Casco, Maine; Holiday Trav-L-Park, Virginia Beach, Va.; Frontier Town Campground, Ocean City, Md., and Fort Whaley Campground, Whaleyville, Md.
“These new Best Parks affiliates are very welcome additions to the Best Parks family,” said BPA President David Gorin. “Each of these parks has a long and successful track record of providing the highest quality facilities, amenities and services to their guests and the owners of these parks have been industry leaders for many years.”
The following offers a description of the new BPA affiliates:
• Frontier Town Campground is located on the Atlantic Ocean in West Ocean City. The resort offers 584 sites serving tents and 45-foot motorhomes. In addition to typical park amenities, Frontier Town has great crabbing and fishing, a 75-slip marina with boat ramp, restaurant and ice cream parlor, free beach shuttle and free admission to a full scale Water Park. The park also offers a Frontier Town Wild West Show during the summer season. The park is owned by Mitch Parker, a veteran park owner who also owns Fort Whaley Campground in Whaleyville.
• Fort Whaley Campground is located in Whaleyville, approximately 10 minutes from Ocean City. Park amenities include complimentary unlimited miniature golf, planned activities, swimming pool, fully stocked camp store, a fresh water fishing lake, paddle boats and free admission to the water park at cousin Frontier Town Campground in Ocean City, Md.
• Best Holiday Trav-L-Park in Virginia Beach is an 850-site vacation mecca and the closest campground to the Virginia Beach resort area. The park offers its own satellite parking area one block from the famous Virginia Beach boardwalk and beaches. In addition to the beach, the Virginia Aquarium, Ocean Breeze Festival Park with water slides, mini-Indy race track and mini-golf course are nearby. The parks is also close to Norfolk, Williamsburg and the southern Chesapeake Bay.
• Point Sebago is a 775-acre campground resort on Sebago Lake in southern Maine. The resort offers a mile of sandy beach, its own on-site, 18-hole championship golf course, marina, restaurant, and award-winning daily activities and entertainment for every age. The resort features RV sites, cottage rentals and a variety of ownership options. The resort is owned by industry pioneer Larry Gould and the General Manager is Don Toms, a long-time active leader in the Maine Campground Owners Association and National ARVC.
“We’re delighted to welcome this group of incredibly wonderful examples of the RV park business in the 21st Century,” said Gorin. “The addition of these resorts is a strong indication of how the Best Parks brand is creating a collection of the nation’s top independent parks,” he said.
Best Parks in America is an association of unique and highly rated RV parks and campgrounds. Each park is independently owned and operated and each features unique characteristics that appeal to a wide range of campers and RVers from young families to empty-nesters, full timers and retirees. For a complete list of affiliated parks, visit www.bestparksinamerica.com.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/05/best-parks-in-america-adds-four-new-resorts/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.