Rand McNally Launches First GPS For RVers
After extensive research and beta testing in the RVing community, Rand McNally has released the TripMaker RVND 5510 – the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers.
“We’ve listened carefully to members of the RVing community, who told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way. Our new TripMaker RVND line will solidly deliver on these expectations,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
The TripMaker RVND features:
– RV-Easy Routing with a base of award-winning navigation from Rand McNally, the TripMaker RVND 5510 layers on all the information needed to have an enjoyable and safe trip in an RV. The routing includes legal (including propane and other RV-only), height and weight restrictions, right- or left-turn preference based on 11 different RV types, and a quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas. Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused on the road ahead.
– The TripMaker RVND features more than 14 million points of interest – including festivals, and national, state, and regional parks. Other key information includes:
• RV campgrounds, RV dealers and service, parking and rest areas, travel centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability and more.
• Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits.
• RVer Tools such as checklists for set up and take down, maintenance logs, trails back to your campsite, and quick mileage calculators.
• Pet-friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals, and beaches.
In addition to routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker RVND features Rand McNally Editor’s Pick Content – proprietary data provided by our editorial staff with video and photos. The content includes:
• Best of the Road – three-to-four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more to plan a memorable adventure.
• Regional Trips, Scenic Tours, Weekend Getaways, and City Trips.
• 12,000 researched locations that will make any trip exciting and unique.
The Rand McNally Best of the Road program is also being featured this month in a promotion with USA TODAY (for more information, visit www.BestOfTheRoad.com), and in the recently released 2012 Road Atlas.
The TripMaker RVND 5510, available in North America in June, is fully operational in English, Canadian French and Spanish.
For more information, visit www.randmcnally.com/rvgps.