- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Lippert, Kinro Form ‘Specialty Markets Team’
Posted By RVBusiness On June 9, 2011 @ 4:33 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Lippert Components Inc. and Kinro Inc., subsidiaries of White Plains, N.Y.-based Drew Industries Inc., announced today (June 9) the formation of a dedicated specialty markets team. According to a press release, the team will initially be comprised of four key full-time personnel, with additional personnel to be added as needed.
“Our specialty markets sales team will focus on supplying components for a variety of uses and industries, including trailers for cargo, horse and livestock, and heavy equipment, as well as components for ambulances and the transit and school bus industries,” said Scott Mereness, president of Goshen, Ind.-based Lippert Components and Arlington, Texas-based Kinro. “These and other markets have substantial potential revenue content per unit.
“Our team will sell all Lippert Components and Kinro products into these markets, including doors, windows, seating products, slideouts, axles, chassis parts and accessories and steel tubing. In addition, we anticipate beginning production at our new aluminum extrusion plant in the fall of this year, and the specialty markets team will be responsible for those external sales as well.”
The four individuals appointed to the new team include:
• Andrew Pocock, most recently a member of Lippert Components RV sales team, has been promoted to director of business development, and will lead the specialty markets sales team. A graduate of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, Pocock began his career at Lippert Components, and has held several operational and sales positions in his more than eight years with the company. “Andrew has broad company experience and has excelled in each of his roles at Lippert Components,” said Mereness. “Andrew’s leadership skills will continue to be of enormous value in his latest role.”
• Carter Goodson joins Lippert Components with more than 20 years of experience as a supplier to the trailer and RV markets, most recently as a sales and marketing executive. “Carter’s experience selling multiple products and his existing relationships in this market make him an excellent addition to the team,” added Mereness.
• Ben Potts was recently hired as southeast regional sales manager for the specialty markets team. Potts comes to Lippert Components with 38 years of experience in the manufactured housing and RV industries, with both suppliers and manufacturers. “Ben’s extensive experience, long-term relationships, and motivation to get the job done will be key factors in the success of this team,” said Jason Lippert, CEO of Lippert Components and Kinro.
• Bob Boone, the fourth member on the specialty markets sales team, has extensive sales experience, having worked in various areas within Lippert Components, including the company’s axle and suspension product lines. “With over 20 years of sales experience, Bob is a valuable asset to this team. His enthusiasm and personality connect with customers,” said Lippert. “We have seen Bob in action and continue to expect big things.”
“This effort to grow our specialty business is another in a series of steps implementing our long-term strategy to increase both our sales and profits,” concluded Lippert. “This core sales team, combined with our existing manufacturing capabilities, is a natural step in the growth of Lippert Components and Kinro.”
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/06/lippert-kinro-form-specialty-markets-team/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.