Members of the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) will meet to plan the association’s agenda for the next fiscal year and beyond at Committee Week 2011, taking place June 6 – 9 at the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
According to a release by RVIA, over the course of the four-day event the association’s standing committees, Executive Committee and Board of Directors will convene to review existing programs and plan new strategies and initiatives for the upcoming fiscal year.
The Go RVing Coalition and newly created Canadian Coalition Committee are also scheduled to meet in conjunction with Committee Week on Monday, June 6.
“We are looking forward to a very productive week of meetings,” said RVIA President Richard Coon. “Our association is very fortunate to have such talented committee members who readily volunteer their time to help us chart our future course. The work done at Committee Week is vitally important, especially this year as we look to continue the RV industry’s recovery.”
In addition to the full slate of committee meetings (see schedule below), other popular events taking place during Committee Week include:
• Joint Committee Luncheon — Committee members will gather on Monday, June 6, to hear Dr. Richard Curtin, director of the Survey of Consumer at the University of Michigan, discuss current economic conditions, give his forecast for RV shipments in 2011 and 2012 and detail preliminary findings from his latest RV consumer demographic research.
• Past Chairman’s Reception and Capitol Tour — Following Monday’s meetings, Committee Week participants will gather in the Congressional Atrium for a special reception recognizing Past RVIA Chairman Jim Sheldon and tour of the United States Capitol.
• Annual Membership Meeting — A two-hour luncheon program will be held on Tuesday, June 7, to offer reports on the state of the association from key RVIA officials, including RVIA Chairman Gregg Fore and RVIA President Richard Coon. RVIA will also honor industry leaders with association awards for their contributions to the industry.
• Capitol Hill Advocacy Day — RVIA members will descend on Capitol Hill for Advocacy Day on Wednesday, June 8, to promote important industry issues to elected officials and their staff.
Committee Week 2011 Schedule:
Monday, June 6
Committee Week registration will take place in the Ballroom Lobby – Lower Level from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Canadian Coalition Committee: 8 a.m. – 12 noon
• Market Information Committee: 8 a.m. – 12 noon
• RVST Council: 8 a.m. – 12 noon
• Joint Committee Luncheon: 12 noon – 1:30 p.m.
• Annual Meeting Committee: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Go RVing Coalition: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Industry Education Committee: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Lawyers’ Committee: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Past Chairman’s Reception & Capitol Tour: 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 7
Committee Week registration will take place in the Ballroom Lobby – Lower Level from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Public Relations Committee: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Standards Steering Committee: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• National Show Committee: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Public & Legislative Affairs Committee: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Annual Membership Meeting & Luncheon: 12 noon – 2:00 p.m.
• Financial Services Committee: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
• Supplier Committee: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, June 8
• Pre-Advocacy Day Briefing: 8 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
• Advocacy Day Meetings – Capitol Hill: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Long-Range Planning/Executive Committee: 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 9
• Board of Directors’ Meeting: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.