- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Canadian April Towable Sales Fall 15.5%
Posted By RVBusiness On June 21, 2011 @ 8:49 am In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Canadian retail sales of towable RVs showed a 15.5% decline in April and an 18% drop for the first four months, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI).
All sectors reflected double digit declines, including:
• Travel trailer registrations fell 12.1% in April and 15.1% for the first four months.
• Fifth-wheel sales were down 23.6% for the month and 23.6% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailers registrations showed a 17.4% drop in April and a 23.6% decline for the first four months.
• Recreational park trailers dropped 52% for the month and 54.2% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the leader for Canadian travel trailer sales through April with a 31.9% market share followed by Jayco Inc. at 18.4% and Forest River Inc. holding a 16.5% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 47.1% market share, and also led park model sales with a 61.4% share.
Jayco and Forest River led the folding camping trailer segment for the first four months, holding a 29% and 25.1% market share respectively.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/06/ssi-canadian-april-towable-sales-off-15-5/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.