- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Stat Surveys: April Towable Sales Rise 2.9%
Posted By RV Business On June 20, 2011 @ 7:58 am In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Retail sales of towable RVs remained flat in April, up just 2.9%, while year-over-year registrations for the first four months rose 4.5%.
According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results showed:
• Travel trailer sales increased 6% in April and 6.6% year-to-date.
• Fifth-wheel registrations edged down 0.2% for the month and were up 2.6% through April.
• Folding camping trailer sales dropped 13.9% in April and 6.8% year-to-date.
• April park model sales were off 4.8% and 4.4% for the first four months.
Thor Industries Inc. remained the towable leader year-to-date with a 37% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. at 21%.
By segment for the first four months, Thor was No. 1 in travel trailers with a 34.8% share, fifth-wheels with a 53.6% share and park models with a 21% share.
Forest River was the folding camping trailer leader with a 33.5% share.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/06/stat-surveys-april-towable-sales-dip-2-9/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.