- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Update: NHTSA’s May RV-Related Recall List
Posted By RVBusiness On June 8, 2011 @ 10:26 am In Breaking News | No Comments
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
• Triple E RV is recalling certain model year 2007-2010 Commander Class A motorhomes manufactured from July 2007 through February 2010. The stop lamps may be intermittent during light brake applications and may not properly indicate that the brakes are applied. Daimler Trucks (DTNA), manufacturer of the chassis, will notify owners.
• Crossroads RV is recalling certain model year 2011 Rushmore and Seville recreational vehicles manufactured from June 21, 2010,through December 15, 2010. The electrical transfer switch wire was installed incorrectly and the transfer switch could send 220 volt current instead of 110 volt current through the trailer’s electrical system. The safety recall began on May 20, 2011.
• Fleetwood RV is recalling certain model year 2011 Bounder, Bounder Classic, Southwind, Storm and Terra Class A motorhomes built on Ford chassis and manufactured from May 4, 2010 through January 26, 2011. A wire harness that is routed under the motorhome, near the chassis rail, can contact a heat shield located next to the passenger side engine exhaust manifold. The safety recall is expected to begin during June 2011.
• Navistar is recalling certain model year 2011 Holiday Rambler Trip and Monaco Vesta recreational vehicles manufactured from February 25, 2010 through April 4, 2011 and equipped with a MaxxForce 7 engine. A cap on the return fuel valve may fall off allowing air to be drawn into the fuel system possibly resulting in engine hard start, no start, or stall conditions. The safety recall is expected to begin on or about June 30, 2011.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/06/updating-may%e2%80%99s-rv-related-nhtsa-recalls/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.