Navistar, Inc. has unveiled a new 70,000-square-foot product support center in Woodridge, Ill., that includes a large office area, three classrooms, a photo and video studio, a computer lab, a tool development and fabrication shop and 50,000 square feet of hands-on training space for dealer and fleet technicians.
“Navistar is committed to providing the best vehicle uptime and customer support in the truck industry,” Vaughn Allen, vice president, global service, said in a press release. “Our state-of-the-art center houses all product support and education personnel under one roof — which will facilitate the rapid development of tools, service information, technologies and training, to support our Navistar brands globally.”
The center is home to 80 employees who work in the following functions:
• Training for customer, dealer and Navistar sales, parts and service personnel
• Entry-level technician recruitment for U.S. dealers
• Standard repair time development
• Publications, authoring and development
• Special tools and diagnostics development
• Vehicle component system subject matter experts
As a full-time training facility, the center will host dozens of dealer and customer technicians each day for in-depth, hands-on training.