The RV Learning Center is offering a pre-convention workshop on Oct. 4 for RV service writers/advisers interested in an intensive, daylong training program that will increase their proficiency and help prepare them for service writer/adviser certification.
The “RV Service Writer/Adviser Certification Preparation Workshop” is designed for those with a minimum of 12 months experience in RV service or a service-related industry, the minimum experience requirement for service writer/adviser certification. The workshop is in conjunction with the RV Dealers International Convention/Expoat at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
Workshop topics will include:
• Assessing and selling to a customer’s service needs.
• Exceeding customer expectations for increased owner retention.
• Effective tools for overcoming objections.
• Scheduling for maximum service department efficiency.
• Professionalism and the role it plays in dealership operations.
Instructor Chuck Marzahn of Marzahn & King Consulting Inc. is a widely recognized industry expert in the customary and usual practices of running an RV dealership. His expertise also includes fixed operations on the retail and wholesale level, and he is a 20-Group facilitator. He is regularly involved in the development of curricula for industry, business and management training.
The cost of the course is $299 for the one-day workshop or $199 when added to the participant’s convention registration. Workshop registration includes:
• Waiver of service writer/adviser certification application/exam fee for workshop participant (non-transferable, expires Dec. 3).
• Service writer/adviser learning Guide on CD (pdf version).
• Workshop pre-tests, including waiver of readiness test fee for workshop participant (non-transferable, expires Dec. 3)
To register for the workshop and the convention, visit www.rvda.org or www.rvlearningcenter.com. Companies interested in exhibitor information can contact RVDA at (703) 591-7130, ext 103 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.