- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVIA: Trouble Shooter Sessions Reorganized
Posted By RV Business On July 14, 2011 @ 9:18 am In Breaking News | No Comments
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) has reorganized the Trouble Shooter Clinics to align the popular training sessions with the new RV Technician Career Ladder adopted this summer. Clinics utilizing the new approach will take place Nov. 7-11, 2011, and March 5-8, 2012, at Ivy Tech Community College in Elkhart, Ind.
The RV Service Technician Career Ladder provides technicians two paths to certification. One path maintains the existing process to become a certified or master certified technician while the new approach allows technicians to become certified in specific RV specialties – including body, chassis, electrical systems, appliances, and plumbing – as they progress along the ladder.
Trouble Shooter Clinics will now also be “track” oriented to follow the specialty areas of the career ladder. This new approach will also give participants more class time, smaller class sizes, and expanded hands-on training.
Trouble Shooter Clinic participants will only be able to attend one track at a time. As a pre-requisite, registrants must take the Foundation track before taking any of the other three tracks, or they must already be certified. The tracks currently being assembled are tentatively set-up as follows (Note: individual classes are subject to change during development):
• Foundation/Plumbing Track (3 days): Propane (4 hrs.); Basic Electricity (4 hrs.); Customer Care (1 hr.); Fire & Life Safety (1 hr.); Pre-Delivery Inspection and Preventive Maintenance (4 hrs.); Water Distribution/Drainage-Waste Water/Monitoring Systems (7 hrs.).
• Appliance Track (4 days): Water Heaters (Suburban/Atwood – 4hrs.); A/C & Heat Pumps (Airxcel – 8 hrs.); A/C (Dometic – 4 hrs.); Furnaces (Atwood – 4 hrs.); Furnaces (Suburban – 4 hrs.); Refrigerators (Dometic/Norcold – 8 hrs.).
• Chassis Track (2 days): Frames (4 hrs.); Hydraulics (4 hrs.); Brake Controllers & Electric Brakes (4 hrs.); Hitches/Weights/Sway Control (4 hrs.).
• Power Sources (3 days): Generators (8 hrs.); Batteries (4 hrs.); Converters (4 hrs.); Transfer Switches (2 hrs.); Shore Power (2 hrs.); Energy Mgt. (2 hrs.); Inverters (2 hrs.).
Brochures with detailed information and pricing for the new Trouble Shooter Clinics will be available in August. If you wish to receive this brochure, please contact Nancy Jo Bell-London at (703) 620-6003 (ext. 355) or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/07/rvia-reorganizes-trouble-shooter-clinics/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.