- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Canadian May Towable Sales Down 9.4%
Posted By RVBusiness On July 20, 2011 @ 8:30 am In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Canadian retail sales of towable RVs showed a 9.4% decline in May and a 14.1% drop for the first five months, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI).
All sectors reflected decreased sales in year-over-year comparisons, including:
• Travel trailer registrations fell 6.4% in May and 11% for the first five months.
• Fifth-wheel sales were down 18% for the month and 21% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailers registrations showed a 13.5% drop in May and a 19.1% decline for the first five months.
• Recreational park trailers dropped 13.1% for the month and 34.4% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the leader for Canadian travel trailer sales through May with a 31.9% market share followed by Jayco Inc. at 20% and Forest River Inc. holding a 16.5% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 47.7% market share, with Forest River posting a 17.2% share. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 61.9% share.
Jayco and Forest River were top sellers in the folding camping trailer segment for the first five months, holding a 30.4% and 27.2% market share respectively.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/07/ssi-canadian-towable-sales-down-9-4-in-may/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.