- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Update: NHTSA’s June RV-Related Recall List
Posted By RVBusiness On July 18, 2011 @ 9:50 am In Breaking News | No Comments
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
• Cequent Performance Products is recalling certain Reese, part #54970, and Pro Series, part #63970, branded weight distribution shanks that were imported and sold in the aftermarket to wholesale distributors, installers, mail order, and other customers. These parts were sold both individually and as a component in certain Reese and Pro Series weight distributing kits. Due to an error in production, some of the weight distribution shanks may have an incorrect metallurgy.
• Keystone RV Co. is recalling certain model year 2012 residence travel trailers produced from May 6, 2011, through May 18, 2011. The wiring connection to the 120-volt light on the ceiling of the slide room has the incorrect wiring connectors. The company is also recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Cougar High Country travel trailers produced from November 3, 2010, through May 26, 2011, for having 4400-pound axles installed instead of 5200-pound axles.
• Navistar Inc. is recalling certain model year 2011 W42 and W46 Workhorse chassis manufactured from January 1, 2011, through May 25, 2011. The steering wheel components do not meet design specifications. As a result, the steering wheel inner piece may separate from the outer piece, which may decrease the driver’s ability to control the vehicle.
• Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. is recalling certain model year 2006-2010, Allegro and Allegro Bay motorhomes manufactured from January 2005, through April 2010, and built on a Daimler/Freightliner chassis. The brake lights may be intermittent during light brake applications. The brake lights may not illuminate consistently upon brake application and fail to properly indicate to a following vehicle that the motorhome has slowed or come to a stop. Daimler trucks (DTNA), manufacturer of the chassis, will notify owners and repairs will be performed by DTNA dealerships, free of charge.
• Skyline Corp. is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Nomad, Aljo, Layton, Weekender, Bobcat, Joey, and Koala recreational vehicle travel trailer and fifth-wheel trailers manufactured from October 1, 2010, through April 30, 2011, for contaminated brake systems. With contaminated brakes the vehicle may fail to stop properly resulting in a loss of control of the vehicle. Lippert Components Inc. will perform the required inspection and make any necessary corrections free of charge.
• Heartland RV is recalling certain model year 2011 North Country 30BHS and 32BHDD travel trailers. The cord for hooking into an external electrical power supply has the potential to drape directly in front of the furnace exhaust. This contact could cause damage to the power cord which could result in a fire.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/07/update-nhtsa%e2%80%99s-june-rv-related-recall-list/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.