- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
EverGreen’s i-Go Lite Offers Quality, Economy
Posted By RVBusiness On August 9, 2011 @ 9:16 am In Breaking News,Louisville Show 2011 | No Comments
Middlebury, Ind.-based EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC’s new line of i-Go Lite travel trailers and fifth-wheels offers families a lightweight, easy towing trailer that provides an affordable introduction into EverGreen’s eco-friendly towables.
“The concept of the i-Go Lite travel trailers and fifth-wheels is to provide economy-conscious camping families the opportunity to own a lightweight, quality-built EverGreen at a very affordable price,” said Doug Lantz, president and COO of EverGreen, in a press release. “The i-Go is still crafted with the same aluminum-framed, vacuum-laminated processes and 100-point quality control systems as all our EverGreen products.”
Lantz said that by limiting the amount of composite materials to a lightweight inner shell, EverGreen was able to reduce the price on the new i-Go Lite series of trailers.
“Now everyone can own a quality EverGreen product,” concludes Lantz.
Features of the innovative i-Go include:
• i-Go is lighter weight and easier to tow because of its narrower, 7-foot-6-inch width. With less wind resistance, the i-Go tracks smoothly behind smaller tow vehicles such as half-ton pickups or mid-sized SUVs. The entire i-Go Lite series trailers are less than 30 feet in length and weigh less than 5,000 pounds.
• Built better, yet more affordable with a fiberglass reinforced exterior skin, the i-Go still features EverGreen’s innovative, lightweight composite inner shell to reduce rot, mold and mildew. Composites also lower off-gassing of VOCs inside for a healthier camping experience.
• EverGreen’s vacuum laminated composite construction is bonded onto a fully welded and reinforced aluminum frame. The combination of composite materials and vacuum lamination result in added durability and higher R-values. The i-Go is a true EverGreen at a more affordable price.
• Deeper, 42-inch slideouts are above the wheel well to provide higher ground clearance. Six-inches deeper than the competition, i-Go Lite slides provide the living space of an eight-foot trailer yet retain the towability of a 7 1/2-foot wide trailer. Slides are driven in all four corners with EverGreen’s quality, four-point, gear-driven system to provide smoother operation and a tighter seal.
Four travel trailer floorplans are now available in the i-Go Lite series. All four are less than 27 feet and weigh less than 5,000 pounds.
The new i-Go Lite floorplans G220RB and G236RBK are both rear bath models with roadside, center, deep slides with mid-kitchens and front bedrooms. The over-sized dinette/sleeper in the slide out measures 84 inches by 42 inches to sleep two adults comfortably and has under-drawer storage. In addition, the slightly larger G236RBK features a kitchen table inside and EverGreen’s popular campfire kitchenette – a full service outside kitchen with cooktop, refrigerator and food storage curbside.
The G239BH sleeps six with a queen bed, large dinette that converts to a full sized bed and an additional “bunkhouse” in the rear of the camper.
The model G249RB features a more open floorplan designed for entertaining with a large sofa bed in the slideout facing a dinette and a galley L-shaped kitchen with expanded counter space and kitchen storage.
EverGreen eventually plans to offer five travel trailers and two fifth-wheel floor plans in the i-Go camper series.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/08/evergreens-i-go-lite-provides-quality-economy/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.