- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Learning Center, FRVTA Partner on DLN Program
Posted By RV Business On August 30, 2011 @ 10:55 am In Breaking News | No Comments
The RV Learning Center has joined forces with the Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) for the sixth consecutive year to provide online training for RV dealership personnel through the Distance Learning Network (DLN).
The subscription includes unlimited access to more than 50 DLN training sessions, coursework reviews, and test preparation sections, which are available anytime throughout the program year. The 2011-12 DLN program includes a range of subject matter to improve the performance of dealership personnel, including:
• RV Technician Certification Preparation Course: More than 40 hours of instruction will help train and prepare RV service technicians for the RVDA-RVIA RV Service Technician Certification test and completion fulfills recertification requirements.
• Service Writer/Advisor Course: This three-hour program is ideal for both veteran service writer/advisors and new hires. Presented by service writer/advisor veteran Andrea Blackmon, the program helps prepare your personnel for the RV Learning Center’s Service Writer/Advisor Certification test. Completion of the course counts toward recertification requirements.
• Advanced/Manufacturer Specific Training: Features product-specific training from RV manufacturers and suppliers from within the RV industry.
• RV Greeter – Receptionist Course: A 50-minute program that covers: the importance of customer service; the skills and expectations for the RV receptionist; the importance of making the right first impression; communicating on the phone; handling difficult customers; and organizational techniques for the workplace. The program is suitable for all persons needing customer service skills. The program includes a final exam and certificate of completion.
“The DLN provides dealers and their management team the unique opportunity to offer group training, led by a mentor, right at the dealership,” said FRVTA Executive Director Lance Wilson. “FRVTA uses adult education experts at the RV Training Institute at Florida Gateway College and works with experienced RV professionals to develop and update the training sessions. FRVTA also provides dealership-based mentor support and encouragement throughout the year to help keep employees motivated,” he said.
“When you add it all up, this program saves dealers money by eliminating travel costs and time out of the dealership,” said RV Learning Center Chairman Jeff Pastore of Hartville RV Center in Hartville, OH. “The program is available on demand – so dealers don’t have to wait to get new hires into the training program.”
The only requirement to participate is a high-speed Internet connection. A video cable connected to a television is also useful for group training. A one-year subscription to the program costs $995 per dealership location. The subscription term is Aug. 1 2011 through July 31, 2012.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/08/learning-center-frvta-partner-on-dln-program/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.