- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVIA Adding New Events to California Show
Posted By RVBusiness On August 1, 2011 @ 8:17 am In Breaking News | No Comments
In addition to the “Dealer Night” trade event kicking off the California RV Show in Pomona on Oct. 13, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) also has other exciting plans in the works to revamp and enhance the popular 10-day event, now in its 59th year.
“RVIA’s National Show Committee and the show staff have put a considerable amount of thought into developing ways to improve the California RV Show,” Mike Hutya, vice president of meetings and shows, said in a press release. “We believe these enhancements will provide a better show experience for attendees and exhibitors.”
According to RVIA, the show has a new look with a totally revised layout that will “make it easier for attendees to tour the exhibits and find those exhibitors they particularly want to see.” A plus for walking challenged attendees, mobile scooters will be available for rent on site. For those who don’t need a mobile scooter, RVIA will continue to run the six passenger trams throughout the show picking up visitors and delivering them to their destination. It will be easier than ever for attendees to see the over 800 RV’s on display.
Other promotions and attractions being considered include:
• Trailer Life Directory Scavenger Hunt – Show attendees will be provided with a punch card and a map pinpointing the location of exhibiting RV dealers. Those who have their cards punched by all fifteen dealers will receive a free Trailer Life Directory.
• RV Demo Area – Factory representatives will be on hand to show attendees how RVs work and to demonstrate the features and benefits of various units. Different product types will be showcased hourly from Oct. 16 to Oct. 22. Each day a different class of RV will be featured. To date, 20 RV and chassis manufacturers representing all product types plan to have representatives on hand to answer questions and show their units to attendees.
• Admission Discounts – RVIA will offer admission discounts from Oct. 17 through Oct. 20 to drive attendance during the week. This year free RV parking is being offered so guests can drive their trade-ins to the show.
• Seminars and Entertainment – RVIA will offer seminars and entertainment offerings throughout the course of the show. This will include “Easy RV Maintenance” with the RV handyman David Solberg; “Ultimate Camp Cooking” with the comedy cooking team of Pat Mac and Mike Faverman; “RV Travel Adventurers” with John Holod; and an RV buying seminar.
The 59th California RV Show will take place Oct. 14 – 23 at the Fairplex in Pomona. For more information about the show, contact Tom Gaither, RVIA’s western RV show director at (951) 274-0696; cell – (951) 567-3608 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Or check out the show’s website at www.CaRVShow.com, or Facebook page, or Twitter – rvexpert.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/08/rvia-adding-new-events-to-california-show/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.