- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Canadian Towable Sales Rise 3.7% in June
Posted By RV Business On August 19, 2011 @ 1:21 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
Canadian retail sales of towable RVs showed a 3.7% increase in June and a 0.4% dip for the first six months, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI). Registrations were up 3.5% in the second quarter.
A sector-by-sector breakdown shows:
• Sales in the high-volume travel trailer sector rose 6.4% in June and 2.6% for the first six months.
• Fifth-wheel sales were up 5.8% for the month and down 3.5% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailers registrations showed an 18.6% drop in June and a 14.7% decline for the first six months.
• Recreational park trailers dropped 31.3% for the month and 24.2% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall towables sales leader for the six months with a 32.7% market share followed by Forest River Inc. at 18.7% and Jayco Inc. holding a 16.5% share.
Thor also was No. 1 in travel trailer sales through June with a 31.6% market share while Forest River was No. 2 at 18.2%, edging out Jayco, which captured a 17.9% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 46.5% market share, with Forest River posting a 17.7% share. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 34% share followed by Skyline Corp. at 21.8% and General Coach Canada at 21.3%.
Forest River and Jayco shared the top spot in the folding camping trailer segment for the first six months, each holding a 29.4% market share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/08/ssi-canadian-towable-sales-up-slightly-in-june/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.