- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Hickory Springs President Coleman Set to Retire
Posted By RV Business On September 23, 2011 @ 11:09 am In Breaking News | No Comments
Don Coleman, president and CEO of Hickory Springs Manufacturing Co., announced his plans to retire this December after 39 years with the company.
According to a press release, he has been president and CEO of the North Carolina firm since 1996. Hickory is one of the nation’s largest integrated manufacturers and an international supplier of components for the furniture and bedding industries, including the RV sector.
“It has been a wonderful 39-plus years working with and for a company of the quality standards and ethics we enjoy. We as employees can be proud to be a part of the organization we have today,” Coleman said.
Highlights of his career include:
• Coleman joined the company in 1972 as its first national product manager, and then added manufactured sleeper mechanisms to his management responsibilities in 1975.
• He served as general manager of the company’s Highland Fabricators facility following its acquisition, then was named vice president of the company’s Eastern Furniture Division following its formation in 1992.
• In 1996, he succeeded Neil Underdown as president/CEO of Hickory Springs.
• Coleman spearheaded the company’s expansion over the past several years through acquisition and joint ventures.
“Hickory Springs is grateful to Don for his years of outstanding leadership, loyalty, and vision,” said Tom Pierce, chairman of Hickory Springs. “His commitment to developing innovative products, sound fiscal policy, creative partnerships and understanding the needs of our customers has had an immeasurable impact upon the ongoing excellence, growth and diversification of Hickory Springs over the years.”
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/09/hickory-springs-president-coleman-set-to-retire/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.