Jeff Redmond, general manager for Bucars RV Centre, was awarded the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) of Alberta Dealer of the Year Award. The prize was bestowed to Redmond on July 20 at the RV dealership in front of staff, family and friends.
Through trying times, a full-blown recession and a rainy 2010, it was evident to the RVDA of Alberta that this RV dealer has stood the test of time, according to a press release.
“I’m truly honored by the award and nomination and have the staff to thank for always putting in their best, every single day,” says Redmond about receiving the award. “I’ve also been blessed with some great mentors and partners and will continue to honor our traditions, missions and values as one of Alberta’s, and Canada’s, best RV dealerships.”
Through this award, Redmond has received another nomination – RVDA of Canada Dealer of the Year. Being awarded with this honorable prize would be the icing of the cake for Redmond, who has always maintained that it’s never about the awards and always about “how we can make a difference in the industry and RVing dreams come true for our customers.”
In the award, RVDA of Alberta Executive Director Dan Merkowsky cited Redmond’s career accolades, including:
• Started working at Bucars since it was purchased by the Redmond family in 1989, helping it grow from 10 employees to over 60 today.
• Served on Alberta RVDA board from 1999-2005 and as the association’s president from 2003-2004.
• RVDA of Canada board member from 2003-2005.
• Go RVing Canada board director since 2004 acting as chair from 2008-2010.
• Past chair of RV recruitment committee.
• President and chair of Balzac, Alberta Business Community Association since 2007
• Actively supports the community with Rotary, Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede and Kids Cancer Care Foundation.