- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Canadian Towable Sales Down 5% in July
Posted By RV Business On September 21, 2011 @ 1:27 pm In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Canadian retail sales of towable RVs showed a 5.0% decrease in July and a 0.7% dip for the first seven months, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI).
A sector-by-sector breakdown shows:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector fell 1.3% in July and rose 2.5% for the first seven months.
• Fifth-wheel sales dropped 13.0% for the month and were down 4.8% year-to-date.
• Folding camping trailers registrations showed a 13.1% drop in July and a 14.2% decline for the first seven months.
• Recreational park trailers sales declined 20.0% for the month and 23.4% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall towables sales leader for the seven months with a 32.7% market share followed by Forest River Inc. at 18.7% and Jayco Inc. holding a 16.5% share.
Thor also was No. 1 in travel trailer sales through July with a 31.7% market share while Forest River was No. 2 at 18.1%, edging out Jayco, which captured a 17.8% share.
Thor held a commanding lead in the fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 46.7% market share, with Forest River posting a 17.6% share. Thor was also No. 1 in park model sales with a 32.1% share followed by Skyline Corp. at 23.3% and General Coach Canada at 19.7%.
Forest River led the folding camping trailer segment for the first seven months, posting 29.1%, edging out Jayco at 28.8%.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/09/ssi-canadian-towable-sales-down-5-in-july/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.