Newmar Designs Wheelchair Accessible Coach
Nappanee, Ind.-based Newmar Corp. introduced a new wheelchair accessible floorplan, designed exclusively for the Canyon Star gas motorhome lineup for 2012.
According to a news release, Newmar engineered the new Canyon Star 3911 floorplan based on “numerous conversations with retail customers about their desire to purchase a wheelchair accessible motorhome.”
The 2012 Canyon Star 3911 features include:
• 48-inch wide power wheelchair lift with a wired remote control.
• 30-inch wide path from the front of the coach to the bed while the unit is in travel mode (sliderooms in) for wheelchair access.
• Large open floor area on the front side of the bed for easy access.
• A wheelchair accessible bathroom with a large 48 x 37 roll-in shower with seat, a lavatory that is open under the bowl for use with a wheelchair and a medicine cabinet with mirrors that are placed lower.
• Grab assist bars have been placed in the shower and around the stool.
In the kitchen, Newmar incorporated a new cooktop and microwave combination that places the convection microwave below the cooktop for easy access by a wheelchair occupant. The Canyon Star 3911 also has a standard “L” dinette that allows seating on the side or back bench as well as plenty of space to accommodate a wheelchair.
Other features include moving all the switches, monitor panel, and EMS panel from the top of the entrance door cabinet to a cabinet just behind the passenger seat for access while sitting in a wheelchair. Retail base price starts at $156,492 before options.
For more information about Newmar products, visit www.newmarcorp.com.