RVIA Readies for 49th National RV Trade Show
More than 8,500 RV dealers, warehouse distributors, accessory store owners, campground operators and exhibitors will gather in Louisville, Ky., for the 49th National RV Trade Show, scheduled for Nov. 29–Dec. 1 at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
According to a press release, the industry’s premier trade event will showcase the latest RV models and innovative products from 67 manufacturer and 230 supplier companies in exhibits exhibitors covering more than 730,000 square feet of exhibit space.
Outlook 2012 Kicks Off the Show
The National RV Trade Show will kick off with RVIA’s popular all-industry market expansion showcase, “Outlook 2012: Up & Away,” taking place from 7:30–9 a.m. in the KEC South Wing Mezzanine Level Ballroom. There is no charge for the event, which features a complimentary breakfast.
Hosted by RVIA Chairman Gregg Fore, the informative, entertaining program will feature RVIA President Richard Coon sharing his thoughts on key industry issues and detailing how RVIA is working to help the RV industry soar in “What’s Up!”
In “Away We Go!” Go RVing Co-Chairs Bob Olson and Tom Stinnett will team with RVIA Public Relations Committee Chairman B.J. Thompson and RVIA Vice President of Public Relations and Advertising James Ashurst for a joint multi-media presentation recounting 2011 accomplishments in the advertising and public relations arenas and reviewing new approaches for the upcoming year.
The program finale will feature the debut of Go RVing’s new “AWAY” national advertising campaign by Stan Richards, founder and creative principal of the Richards Group. He will also share marketing insights drawn from his long career as one of the advertising industry’s respected leaders.
Expanded Seminar Schedule
This year’s show will also offer an expanded seminar schedule providing valuable information on how to boost business, improve service, and increase profits. Business-focused sessions include:
• “Exploring Aftermarket Accessories – A New Revenue Source” with SEMA Director of Councils Zane Clark on Nov. 29, from 2:30–3:30 p.m.
• “How to Have Your Best Year in Service” with Jeff Cowan of Jeff Cowan’s Pro Talk Nov. 30, from 8–9 a.m.
• “Social Media 101” with Jared Hamilton, founder and CEO of DrivingSales.com, Nov. 30 from 11 a.m.–noon.
• “More Down Payments Equal More Deals Financed” with Randy Sobel, president of Sobel and Associates, Nov. 30, from 2:30–3:30 p.m.
• “New Ways to Increase Gross Profit and Close Educated Buyers” with Randy Sobel Dec. 1, from 8–9 a.m.
These seminars will take place in South Wing Conference Room C108. The cost for each session is $50 in advance or $60 on-site. For more information, contact Huyen Dang in RVIA’s Shows department at (703) 620-6003, ext. 305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also three informative technical seminars for RV dealers, service technicians and other technical service personnel taking place, including:
• “RV Weight Presentation and Demonstration” by Walter Cannon, executive director of the Recreation Vehicle Safety Education Foundation, and the “RV Doctor” Gary Bunzer, president of Bunzer Consulting, Nov. 30, from 8 a.m.–noon in the KEC West Hall. Cost is $50 in advance or $60 on-site for this session.
• “Career Ladder, Testing and Trouble Shooter Clinics Information” with RV Service Training Council Co-Chair Mel Adams, RVIA Vice President of Standards and Education Bruce Hopkins, and RVIA Director of Technical Information Sharonne Lee, Nov. 30, from 11 a.m.–noon in South Wing Conference Room C101. There is no charge for this session, which will focus on the new RV Service Technician Career Ladder, testing programs for certification, and the revised Trouble Shooter Clinic curriculum.
• “RV Body Repair” with Tony Yerman, president of TYL Consulting and author of The RV Damage Repair Estimator, on Thursday, Dec. 1, from 8 a.m.–noon in South Wing Conference Room C101. The cost for this session is $50 in advance and $60 on-site.
The National RV Trade Show offers attendees the opportunity to learn more about industry resources available to them. Attendees can learn more about the new “AWAY” advertising campaign to debut in early 2012 at the Go RVing booth.
For more information about RV technician education initiatives and certification, attendees can visit the RVIA Education booth.
RVDA/RVIA Certification Testing will also be offered at the show on Nov. 30, at 1:30 p.m. in South Wing Conference Room C101. The new Registered Technician, Certification and Specialty tests will be offered in written format. All persons planning to take the test must be pre-registered and have prerequisite test completed before taking the written test. For more details or to register, contact Isabel McGrath at (703) 591-7130 ext. 102 or email@example.com. Deadline to register is Nov. 16, 2011.
For more information about the National RV Trade Show, call RVIA’s Shows Department at (703) 620-6003, ext. 305.