ARVC Reports Solid Bookings for Outdoor Expo
Advance bookings for the Nov. 30-Dec. 2 National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds’ (ARVC) Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo have exceeded last year’s conference figures by 35%, according to officials.
“There is a great deal of excitement about this conference, and we’re seeing it in advance registrations and hotel bookings,” said Paul Bambei, ARVC’s president and CEO.
He said the Westin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa is already booked solid with conference attendees, prompting ARVC to arrange overflow rooms at the Mulberry Inn, another hotel nearby. “There are still plenty of rooms left in Savannah, but people should move quickly to secure their reservations and registrations if they haven’t done so already,” he said.
This year’s Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo will feature networking opportunities, important updates regarding various new ARVC initiatives, an awards banquet, the private park industry’s largest trade show as well as 43 educational seminars, more than twice the number of any previous ARVC conference.
Seminar topics include:
• Business Management: Specific sessions will focus on how to make the most of your leadership style; how to handle change; how to pinpoint ways to improve the profitability and functioning of your business; how to use 20 Groups; and how to rehabilitate an older park. Other sessions will cover disaster planning and recovery as well as business risk prevention, risk-based maintenance and employment and cyber liability risks. You’ll also have opportunities to learn how to manage negative guest feedback and how to deliver astonishing guest satisfaction.
• Business Technology: Are you using Cloud computing or T10 I-phone applications in your business? Should you be using smart phones or I-pads? Now is the time to find out.
• Employee Training and Motivation: Conference attendees will learn not only how to attract and retain great employees, but how to build high performance teams. Special session will also focus on how to manage Workampers and how to motivate and manage the Millennial Generation (Those born between 1982 and 1997).
• The Latest Trends in Green Technology: Consumers are increasingly purchasing electric vehicles. Experts will discuss electric car charging, recycling electricity and other green opportunities.
• Marketing and Public Relations: Specific sessions will address the latest trends in social media, marketing, public relations and the use of the Internet to promote your business. You’ll learn how to develop media and marketing plans, how to get started with social networking, how to use QR codes and video to promote your business and how to use Google Analytics to measure your results.
For more information about this year’s Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo, please visit www.arvc.org.